• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 22 Cal conversions used for training

Does anyone here know of any law enforcement agencies that use the 22 cal conversion for training with the AR15? My department is considering going this route to cut training cost. I would like to here the pros and cons.
Thanks

I don't know of any departments that use them, but I used one training for high power and it saved me a ton of ammo money. I had a dedicated upper instead of the conversion kit.

Can't say that I know many departments that train enough to make a difference. Those who I do know that train do not use .22.
We go to the range once a year for a Qual, no training, so it wouldn't be cost effective.

It shoots tight. They don't make them anymore let alone the mags. You will have FTF's but I have seen them on the Accuracy Speaks uppers just as often. I think if you keep the bolt well oiled and shoot decent 22 ammo you can keep the FTF's to a minimum.

IMO the .22 round doesn't have much pressure for a consistent cycle in the setup.

Back
Top Bottom