• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Price Opinions please

silkwilk237

NES Member
I have a Windham Weaponry AR15 chambered in 7.62x39. it has been used 2 times at the range. I also have a 5.56 milspec upper. I am in Massachusetts. What is a reasonable price for the package? I really could use the money.

Thanks,

Ed

Last edited:
This is actually a good question. I bet a few of us have MA compliant units that we would rather sell to folks in this state when we escape. However, there is no way to know what a fair price is. I was in a MA shop a few months back inquiring about selling a AR10 lower that I've had for a while. The owner told me that, as an FFL, he could not sell it. Another fellow in the shop overheard the conversation and went to the manufacturer's website. He saw the price online and said, 'This is what they are getting on their website. I'll offer you that...'

We ignored him, as he was butting into a conversation he was not invited to. I felt like saying, 'Yeah, you go ahead and order it online and see how that goes.'
No need to rake anyone over the coals, but, we didn't just fall off the turnip truck either...

Pre-94? Pre-Healy? I have 3 pre-94 Colts (2 in .223/5.56, 1 9mm), one of which is unfired, and I was good paying a small premium for them, but I am into Colts in general. I have 3 pre-Healy Bushmasters (2 in .223/5.56 too, 1 300BLK) and I felt pretty comfortable negotiating downward. I also was able to find a Aero Precision AR-10/.308 stripped upper and lower that I got for such a low price that I couldn’t say no.

I think it depends on the quality of components, timing, and who you’re selling to. I don’t know much about WW’s reputation or quality. 7.63x39 would be an interesting caliber on an AR platform, so it might be a smaller pool of those interested. Having the 5.56 upper probably helps though. Also know you won’t get a dollar-for-dollar uptick in price for any mods/personalization you did. Figure out the lowest possible price you’d accept for it and add 10-15% as a buffer for negotiating.

I would have said 1500. You have a pretty good price, since lowers are going for around 500....

Good luck with the sale.

I would have said 1500. You have a pretty good price, since lowers are going for around 500....

Good luck with the sale.
$500 for lowers, if I post mine for $500 will I be banned for inflating prices!
Man I need to find buyers that pay those prices. I have a “documented pre AG BS” lower collecting dust. Along with some misc AR parts

It’s worth less, a lot less than you think.

I can call most any builder and have a complete upper in a week or so.
Lower complete is what it’s worth.

I would not pay you a penny more than what it’s worth to me.

I should list my LMT for 4K with the optic. LOL

Honestly, the way things are going? Try to make money another way and keep the firearms if you can. The constant push for bans from the left and banning of certain accessories by the right leaves me feeling our days of possession are limited to even within my life time. (And I’m not one to wear tinfoil)

WW has a x39 upper on sale with one mag for $350 ?
X39 will also depend on how many magazines you have that work well. 10 rounders dont count.
Cabela list a WW x39 for $850.

Im still trying to find the buyer pool that pays the crazy prices.
I will only be keeping a few "ban" rifles in the near future and the rest are going to new homes.
I also have a bunch of older 22s I need to find homes for.
Looks like I will be parting those out on ebay at some point.

I believe in selling things for what they are worth: not waiting for market potential price max.

It's not just about loosing money, it's also about budgeting your time and the potential buyers time.

Say your billable rate is a round $100/hr.

Buying new rifle ==$850 vs buying parts and building it =$650 + 30 minutes of work + 30 minutes of ordering parts.

Building is cheaper.

Now take that building figure and compare it to buying used:
Rifle= $600 + 30 minutes email and internet chatting + 30 minutes to go take out cash + 30 minutes to do an errand for the wife to let me get free for 2 hours + to go drive and do an exchange.

That used rifle now costs me $900. Vs $850 new vs $750 new built from parts.

Opportunity cost is King.

That WW is a nice rifle (I played with one last year and think I want to build one some day. ) However, I believe the value of the package is around $300 per piece. 300 for known working good assembled lower, upper in 5.56 and upper in x39. Note I said "value" here. There is a maximal inherent value in each of those parts.

Without scrounging the bottom of the pack, I can get all the pieces for under $1000. $1400 is probably too much. Is that $200-400 with waiting 2-3 months for when you could have gotten $1100 now?

How much interest on a credit card would it save if you accepted $900 now rather than in 3 months?

Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them at that moment, few guys are willing to pay the astronomical prices people are asking but most aren’t. Like fshalor stated if you really wanna sell quick price according. If you think you have some magical ferry dust AR like most people plan on sitting on it for a while. I wouldn’t personally pay over 1k for one unless it had some high end components.

Man I need to find buyers that pay those prices. I have a “documented pre AG BS” lower collecting dust. Along with some misc AR parts

500 would be a top of line.

Ive sold middle of road quality like Anderson with a parts kit installed for 400 and had plenty of interest. Yes. I truly had 75 dollars into the thing. But it is what it is.
Do I feel bad, sure, but when you have lots of interest at your price point. Would you sell for less and leave money on the table? Whats going to happen is they will turn right around and resell it making the money you should have made.
Ive lost plenty of money selling guns and no one seems to feel bad when they got a great gun at a cheap price because most guns depreciate and I take a healthy loss.
Now the shoe is on the other foot and im supposed to feel bad about it? Bullshit with that.

Our AG inflated the prices. There is no one else to blame.

Last edited:
500 would be a top of line.

Ive sold middle of road quality like Anderson with a parts kit installed for 400 and had plenty of interest. Yes. I truly had 75 dollars into the thing. But it is what it is.
Do I feel bad, sure, but when you have lots of interest at your price point. Would you sell for less and leave money on the table? Whats going to happen is they will turn right around and resell it making the money you should have made.
Ive lost plenty of money selling guns and no one seems to feel bad when they got a great gun at a cheap price because most guns depreciate and I take a healthy loss.
Now the shoe is on the other foot and im supposed to feel bad about it? Bullshit with that.

Our AG inflated the prices. There is no one else to blame.
Yup, believe me if I could get $500 for a stripped lower with out much issue they would be gone. I did well obama sale II.
with out trying , just had to go to the range and put a AR on the table...sold! I sold 6 that way and not one asked how much juzt said will you take xxxx for that.

There's plenty of people on here that sell stuff for stupid prices and plenty of nippleheads paying them, apparently.

I have two lowers hanging around but @ 500 ea that's not even enough to motivate me to sell either of them. I'd rather just hang onto them on the off chance I ever
needed to build another rifle. It would cost me probably only about 50% that to replace but the annoyance factor of going through flaming hoops to get more
lowers is retarded.

-Mike

There's plenty of people on here that sell stuff for stupid prices and plenty of nippleheads paying them, apparently.

I have two lowers hanging around but @ 500 ea that's not even enough to motivate me to sell either of them. I'd rather just hang onto them on the off chance I ever
needed to build another rifle. It would cost me probably only about 50% that to replace but the annoyance factor of going through flaming hoops to get more
lowers is retarded.

-Mike

I agree on this. People that were smart saw this coming and bought cheap and stacked deep. They arent selling the last few they have likely.

If your selling your last one. 500 isnt really enough. I would hold onto it in that case.

Some people are also leaving this state and can rebuy 10 for what they sell one here for.

Back
Top Bottom