• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar drop-in trigger suggestions

I recently completed an AR build. The trigger is a stock Anderson that came with the parts kit. It sucks.

I would really like to upgrade to a nice drop-in trigger. I am looking for suggestions.

Under $150 if possible.

TIA

I love my velocity, and so has everyone that has tried it. Wish I went with the 3lb but it is excellent. Only complaint has been that it is a bit tight and some peoples safety selector require more effort than normal. Doesn't bother me.

View attachment 174202
Check out Velocity...
This ^^^ and also check out the Rise Armament RA-140--> Rise_Armament_Black_Fallout_Trigger_RA-140_SST_-_Redcon1_Tactical.jpg

I have both and Pretty happy with them, They are around 3.2-3.7 lbs, the safety Bar on the Velocity makes my safety a Little tight but ..Both are also under your budget.

Empty your PM Box........

Last edited:
I put a Velocity in my first build. Great crisp trigger with no slop. I used the 4.5lb pull - but should have gone with a 3lb pull. It has set screws on the side that tighten it up against the pins so there's no movement, no pin walking.
IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

I love my velocity, and so has everyone that has tried it. Wish I went with the 3lb but it is excellent. Only complaint has been that it is a bit tight and some peoples safety selector require more effort than normal. Doesn't bother me.

This is issue I had with Geiselle trigger that I solved with BAD ASS selector. Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Selector Switch. $60 delivered, solved problem and have ambi switch.

I've been looking for a 2-stage, non-adjustable, multi-purpose trigger replacement. I want the same trigger in my scoped range AR as my defense AR. Do you think the SSA would be a good choice?

The SSA is a GREAT trigger. I haven't shot a lot of others by comparison, but compared to milspec single-stage trigger, it's night and day. Great multi-purpose trigger for target shooting or run & gun, home defense, etc.

Be careful with these single stage triggers that have no creep. I may or may not have fired before I wanted to when I mixed shooting rifles with a 1S and a 2S triggers. I've been very happy with the Rise Armament. I have 2 stage triggers that I like better, but to mess around at the range the RA is great for the price. Also bonus points for RA trigger name, aka "Black Fallout", makes it sound so much tougher.

I've been looking for a 2-stage, non-adjustable, multi-purpose trigger replacement. I want the same trigger in my scoped range AR as my defense AR. Do you think the SSA would be a good choice?

I think it would be also. It really is unnecessary to buy the SSA though, the G2S is the same trigger. Exact same feel. The metal they use is different or something to make it cheaper and I think it lacks the GS indent that their better triggers have, so it's less pretty. It still costs 150 bucks, it's not a POS. Geiselle doesn't produce shit. If you can find a dealer, check out the SSA-E too.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful with these single stage triggers that have no creep. I may or may not have fired before I wanted to when I mixed shooting rifles with a 1S and a 2S triggers. I've been very happy with the Rise Armament. I have 2 stage triggers that I like better, but to mess around at the range the RA is great for the price. Also bonus points for RA trigger name, aka "Black Fallout", makes it sound so much tougher.

I would second this, and I love single stage hair triggers. Not a fan of them in run n' gun ARs though.

I think it would be also. It really is unnecessary to buy the SSA though, the G2S is the same trigger. Exact same feel. The metal they use is different or something to make it cheaper and I think it lacks the GS indent that their better triggers have, so it's less pretty. It still costs 150 bucks, it's not a POS. Geiselle doesn't produce shit. If you can find a dealer, check out the SSA-E too.

"The G2S is manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA. Visually, from the outside of the weapon there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same. The G2S however has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP."

"The SSA is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Law Enforcement use, Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work."

Excerpts from their website, it's made from the same exact material.

OP: I have the SSA-E on my current configuration, got it through a 4th of July sale on. Haven't really tried much others but I don't need to anymore. I love my SSA-E and I personally think it's worth the price. Already planning on buying another one for my next one.

I have SSA's, SSA- E's and the G2S. I wasted my money. I couldn't feel a difference in bothe the SSA and G2S. Whoopdedoo, you don't get "Geissele@ laser enscribed...

Check out the LaRue MBT (Meticulously Built Trigger). I like it better than the Geiselle that came with the OBR Heavy.

I put the Geiselle in my S&W MP ORC (yes I am a fellon in waiting x2)

I am currently using a 'Hyperfire" trigger with great results. Clean 2 lb trigger with no over travel. Not cheap at $225, but worth the $.

Ssa-e in both my rifles. My MCX that has become my truck gun, and in my DDM4v11 that is more of a DMR.

Can't say enough about them, they're great. Primary has sales on them once in a while.

I am currently using a 'Hyperfire" trigger with great results. Clean 2 lb trigger with no over travel. Not cheap at $225, but worth the $.

Their spring system is just brilliant.

I ended up ordering a no name special from delta team tactical. "Some OEM didnt pay for their order special". It was too cheap to not try, my first polymer lower has the fcg holes questionably located (milspec trigger has an imperceivable amount of movement before the hammer drops) so if it suck it'll just replace the milspec in that. Hammer profile looks like no other drop in trigger kit I can see on the market. Were there any companies recently that were going to come out with a drop in but went tits up before they made it to market?

No name trigger is actually pretty decent. I guess the "positive reset action" where it sounds like intentional trigger slap from the description has made for some unintentional doubles randomly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom