AR Armorer's Course in Mass.

2ballcane

NES Life Member
NES Member
An AR Armorer's Course is being offered by Armalite at HSA in Hopkinton, MA. Its a 2 day course held on November 1-2. Cost is $275/person and is limited to 20 students. For additional details contact [email protected].

Im interested but it is my national guard drill weekend. I am going to try and see if I can get the weekend swapped or if they will assign me to the class as it is a benefit to them

Correct, the course gets you a certification from Armalite, but more importantly you get the instruction and benefit from the hands-on experience. You also have a unique opportunity to benefit from the experience of armorers from the factory who also did this work for our military prior to their civilian employment. For folks with ties to the military and LE this course can be used for training credits and in cases may be fully compensated by their employers. This course is normally only taught to LE or military and this is Armalite's first "all civilian" course.

Last edited:
I would like to do this but I am already spending too much. If my finances were to improve dramatically within the week I will go but as of now I can't.

What's needed for the course? Do we need to own an AR already, or have certain tools? Also, what times do the classes run? I ask because I'm moving this weekend (curses!), but I'd dearly love to take the course if I can swing it. Lemme know!

--Lee

all tools are supplied for the course. all you need is a need to learn and an AR. I could loan an AR for someone who wants to take the class, but hasn't taken the leap.

Lee:

the course is 8-5 on sat and sun.

If you PM with your email address I would be happy to email the syllabus, schedule and course synopsis.

I'm a Glock guy.

I want an AR. Is it out of the question to even consider taking this class without even so much as field stripping one before? Not much time is left to get the basics.

If they run it again, I would have more time to get the pre-req's.

I have above average mechanical skills, but I would not want to hold the class back considering that I have not even read the manual before.

I am serious, just not well qualified at the moment.[thinking]

well there are no pre-reqs excpet basic firearm knowedge. i can't evene say when such a course will be offered again. Its a rarity. The decision is yours and I don't want to discourage you. let me know by PM or email if you are going - there's very littel time left.

I'm a Glock guy.

I want an AR. Is it out of the question to even consider taking this class without even so much as field stripping one before? Not much time is left to get the basics.

If they run it again, I would have more time to get the pre-req's.

I have above average mechanical skills, but I would not want to hold the class back considering that I have not even read the manual before.

I am serious, just not well qualified at the moment.[thinking]

Edit: I see 2Ball is kind enough to lend one. That's very generous. If you've fired an AR and know how it basically operates I'd say go for it!

I signed up and honestly the AR is probably one of the firearms I know least about. Yet, it's really easy to field strip. If you have good mechanical skills I think you'd do fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom