• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

APRS Mobile - Any Advice?

MaverickNH

NES Member
Got a Yeasu FTM-400XDR dualband in the car and setting up a Win10 tablet for APRPIS-32 with an iGate (Verizon hotspot). Pre-fetching tiles now and plan to hook it up shortly. Larsen 2/70 on the Subaru Forester hatch with ground braid bonded between hatch mount and body - still have to bond hood and exhaust system.

Tips, tricks, advice always welcome!

Gotta say, sometimes I feel like I'm knapping flints for a flintlock as a HAM; retro crystal radios next on my game plan ;-)

N4SRN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Learning by doing, making plenty of mistakes. I've got a Fixed Base and Mobile running APRSIS32 (both Yaesu FTM-400XDR) and a Yaesu FT2DR HT, all on APRS. I'm off to an NH-ARES Academy 1 April event in Concord, NH. I'm not sure how useful anything I learn might ever be, but having good fun learning. Old guys wearing yellow vests - what could be better?

N4SRN

Oh great...a 4-ner! [rofl2]

Go back to 4-land, hippie!!! [rofl]

Seriously though, write up a blurb on what you learn at the ARES thing. I'm interested at some level, but since I don't drive, I'd think my contributions would not be too helpful.

Back
Top Bottom