• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

APPLESEED: Harvard August 2-3 Who's Up For It?

Who's up for a two-day training seminar?

There's no time like the present to learn to shoot or polish up your current abilities.

Any level of rifle experience is encouraged to attend. Beginners are especially welcome!

Getting ready for basic training? Come and get a head start.

Is deer/bear/moose season coming up? Got a tag?
Practice now and be ready for hunting season. It would
be a shame to miss the shot of a lifetime.

Appleseed can save you $$$... Learn how to make every shot count!

Learn an inexpensive mod that will help you get the most out of your rifle.

Appleseed is quality, yet inexpensive, marksmanship training.
And it's FUN!!

Got questions? Search for "appleseed" on youtube to get a sense of
what the training entails. Or, visit http://appleseedinfo.org/ for more info or
to sign up for an event.

Last edited:
Is it an either day, 1-day event OR a two-day attend both thing?

What is the age-range for kids?

Thanks,
Tony P.

Is it an either day, 1-day event OR a two-day attend both thing?

What is the age-range for kids?

Thanks,
Tony P.

It's a two day event, but you can do only one day if you want. If you've never been to one, don't try to do one day the 2nd day, you'll be totally lost. Once I did both days twice, I went to a 2nd day only for more practice.

It's a two day event, but you can do only one day if you want. If you've never been to one, don't try to do one day the 2nd day, you'll be totally lost. Once I did both days twice, I went to a 2nd day only for more practice.

I respectfully disagree.. All situations are different.. I agree that most of the teaching is done on Day 1 (Saturday) and that Sunday is dedicated to shooting AQT (Army Qualification Tests) for the better part of the day.

But, Day 2 is when the instructors evaluate the progress of the students and determine if any other drills would be beneficial, and or give special attention to those who seem to be struggling and those who might benefit from some extra help. Hence, Day 2 has value to all.

While the events follow the same format, the event is adapted, to a certain degree, to meet the needs of the students.

The goal is to produce as many "Riflemen" ( noun: person(s) who are skilled at shooting a rifle) as possible.

My son, who was 14 at the time, was disappointed that we were able to make only Day 1 of his first Appleseed. He insisted that he wanted to attend a full 2-day event, which we did in Leyden last month. He is determined that he WILL earn a rifleman patch, and I have no doubt that he will.

Come and try one day at least..you can always elect to come back on the second day.

Walk-ons are welcome!!

Last edited:
APPLESEED: Harvard August 2-3 is now one for the books. 7 motivated students showed up, braving the light rain
on Saturday morning, and the heat of Sunday afternoon. There were 2 sets of fathers and their daughers. They listened, they learned, they shot, and shot, and shot.Their scores went up and up and up.. 4 went home with rifleman patches. The other 3 undoubtedly have the stuff to shoot a qualifying score their next time out.. All went home with some new knowledge, some sore muscles, and maybe a sunburn or two. All were glad that they came..

What did YOU do this weekend?

Last edited:
I know I came home with a ton of new knowledge. (along with the sore muscles and a pretty good sunburn [grin])

It was a great group all around (instructors and students) and I had a blast. I wouldnt mind doing that every weekend. The history lesson was great too. I learned a lot of stuff that they didnt cover in school. (I must of gotten the quick and dirty version back in the day, I guess.)

I highly recommend anyone who's looking to greatly improve their shooting or has an interest in hearing the more complete version of Lexington and Concord to get themselves to an Appleseed.

I know I came home with a ton of new knowledge. (along with the sore muscles and a pretty good sunburn [grin])

It was a great group all around (instructors and students) and I had a blast. I wouldnt mind doing that every weekend. The history lesson was great too. I learned a lot of stuff that they didnt cover in school. (I must of gotten the quick and dirty version back in the day, I guess.)

I highly recommend anyone who's looking to greatly improve their shooting or has an interest in hearing the more complete version of Lexington and Concord to get themselves to an Appleseed.

If you enjoyed the history lessons at Appleseed, I highly recommend reading the book most of the instructors learned it from: http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Reveres-...tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1407251678&sr=8-2

I second the reading of "Paul Revere's" ride. I also recommend taking a ride to Lexington, and Concord. Once in a lifetime, EVERY Massachusetts resident should make the trip. Stand on Lexington Green. Walk across the North Bridge. Hike along the battle road. The Boy Scouts hike the Issac Davis Trail every year on April 19. (And at 4:30 am..Got that patch too!)

I challenge any Appleseed student to visit those landmarks and NOT be inspired by what happend there..

Back
Top Bottom