Anyone working the contest?

My rig is really lacking on phone, and there's nothing like a major contest in a particular mode to show the weaknesses of your station. I need the Collins SSB filter for my FT897. Too bad it's $169 new. I don't know if I could justify it as much as the 300 Hz CW filter I put in there when I bought the rig at HRO though.

That is one thing I like about modern rigs. Just turn the knob. I have been running 1.6k which sucks because of the way it sounds.

LT1F is on 14.338.60 or so. He's from Argentina, worked him last night.

Spent some time this afternoon on phone and picked up a few dx's:
Azores
Germany (2x)
Jamaica
St Kitts
Ireland
Netherlands

that's kinda fun...

Spent some time this afternoon on phone and picked up a few dx's:
Azores
Germany (2x)
Jamaica
St Kitts
Ireland
Netherlands

that's kinda fun...

Great job. I was all over the place this afternoon. Still some good stations working. Just had a QSO with a station in the Ukraine

My boy and I recently joined the Cape Ann club and spent Saturday afternoon at their clubhouse. A gal moved over to the logger's chair and sat my 11yo in front of the mic. Within 30 minutes she had him tuning and making the contacts and all she did was log and occasionally say "GO!" when it was time to key the mike. In 4hrs my boy got 19 contacts in 11 countries. I just sat there and enjoyed watching. Big fun!

My boy and I recently joined the Cape Ann club and spent Saturday afternoon at their clubhouse. A gal moved over to the logger's chair and sat my 11yo in front of the mic. Within 30 minutes she had him tuning and making the contacts and all she did was log and occasionally say "GO!" when it was time to key the mike. In 4hrs my boy got 19 contacts in 11 countries. I just sat there and enjoyed watching. Big fun!

That is really cool!

Back
Top Bottom