Anyone own a S&W SW40VE or SW9VE?

hk-sigman said:
Does anyone have one? How do you like it? Is it reliable?

I own a 9VE. Decent gun for the money. Hard trigger. I picked one up as a carry gun, then got a 908S later. I much prefer the 908S.

I'll drag it down to MRA if you want to try it out.

I have a 40VE. As Martlet stated it is a decent gun for the money. The trigger is a little tough, but other than that I like it.

There's a good thread on Sigma's on the Smith&Wesson forum on how to take out a small spring in the firing pod. The spring was added to make it a 10 pound pull. Actually if take out 2 small springs it will even get the trigger pull down to about 5 lbs.

I didn't take mine out but after 500 rounds it really improved to the point it feels like a whole new pistol. For $299 new it's a good rugged pistol that will actually make you a better shooter because you really have to concentrate on your trigger control.

I have had a 9VE for over a year now and have no complaints..It is not a target pistol by any means..Saying that I mean that it shoots very well but the heavy double action trigger takes some getting used to..
I replaced the striker spring with a reduced,Wolff,power spring and had no problems for about 1000 rounds..The trigger got to be just great,normal wear improves the pull over time,and then I got a few light strikes..Put the original spring back and everything works as it should..Must say the trigger got a bit heaver with the original spring but it is much better than when the gun was new..
I believe that the Sigma pistol is a great value in todays over priced gun market..

Back
Top Bottom