Anyone know if they make thinner suppressor height front sights?

Curious if such a thing exists. I would like to get an rmr milling done on my glock. That being said I like having suppressor height sights. I have them on some of my pistols, however as a personal preference I do like having a thin front sight. If I’m asking a dumb question I’m sure most of you will let me know so feel free to roast me. Thanks.

First off, if you want thin,. you're probably going to have to look at fiber-optic sights. I'm not sure of Dawson's width offhand, but they are retard level tall

Bridgeport.

I took .015 off mine which made it so much easier to see the steel plates i still couldnt hit.

First off, if you want thin,. you're probably going to have to look at fiber-optic sights. I'm not sure of Dawson's width offhand, but they are retard level tall
My buddy has them on his Glock they are incredible. They were the first brand I google searched and I couldn’t find any I liked. Seems like the suppressor ones were tritium just like the trijicons and just as wide.

- AmeriGlo

I have these on my ATEi-milled 19. They use the following, and they feel pretty thin to me, 0.090" front blade vs. what I consider a standard of 0.115". Rear notch is 0.150"

GL-404 rear (0.394” high 0.090” blade)
GST-315 front (0.315” high 0.150” notch)

- AmeriGlo

I have these on my ATEi-milled 19. They use the following, and they feel pretty thin to me, 0.090" front blade vs. what I consider a standard of 0.115". Rear notch is 0.150"

GL-404 rear (0.394” high 0.090” blade)
GST-315 front (0.315” high 0.150” notch)
Any chance you could pm me some pics of them when you get a chance? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Trijicon/ameriglo suppressor height sights. Dont put night sights on a dot gun. I run trijicon black suppressor heights on all mine.

Trijicon/ameriglo suppressor height sights. Dont put night sights on a dot gun. I run trijicon black suppressor heights on all mine.

This. Once I finally got my dot gun set up the first thing I noticed was that I wasted money on night sights. Ended up swapping them out after my first time shooting it.

Any chance you could pm me some pics of them when you get a chance? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I assume you want the sight picture? I have this, it's blurry and against a dark background but gives you a sense. I can try to get more and you're welcome to shoot it if you're local to Harvard MA or Nashua NH. It's a lot of fun to ring a steel silhouette at 100 yards with a handgun lol

View: https://imgur.com/MtJwOgO

edit: found another pic of the slide. Also, I just copied the answer from someone who'd figured this setup out, I didn't come up with it on my own. So there's a little bit of a following that've tried this recipe out and iterated to get to this point. ATEi will suggest these sights if you have their milling done (I have a feeling they are too short to be seen through the window on an MOS gun but don't have any direct experience sorry). If you want to see more pictures ATEi has some on their page, and any pictures you can find by looking up Roland Special will likely have the same RMR depth and these AmeriGlo sights.

Not sure if you have shot dot guns but your two sighting systems are independent, there's no correlation, you zero them separately and they each work on their own. The only thing you're deciding is how much of your window you want obscured by irons, and I like the way this came out.

View: https://imgur.com/a/TmrGzrx

Last edited:
I assume you want the sight picture? I have this, it's blurry and against a dark background but gives you a sense. I can try to get more and you're welcome to shoot it if you're local to Harvard MA or Nashua NH. It's a lot of fun to ring a steel silhouette at 100 yards with a handgun lol

edit: found another pic of the slide. Also, I just copied the answer from someone who'd figured this setup out, I didn't come up with it on my own. So there's a little bit of a following that've tried this recipe out and iterated to get to this point. ATEi will suggest these sights if you have their milling done (I have a feeling they are too short to be seen through the window on an MOS gun but don't have any direct experience sorry). If you want to see more pictures ATEi has some on their page, and any pictures you can find by looking up Roland Special will likely have the same RMR depth and these AmeriGlo sights.

Not sure if you have shot dot guns but your two sighting systems are independent, there's no correlation, you zero them separately and they each work on their own. The only thing you're deciding is how much of your window you want obscured by irons, and I like the way this came out.

All this

Thanks for the info and those look way thinner than any of the others I have tried. I have had two dot guns before and third times a charm I hope lol. I seriously appreciate that offer but im A few hours away from you haha.

Back
Top Bottom