Anyone know any good deer hunting sites in MA?

I'm planning on going deer hunting this year, but I don't know anywhere to go. Are there any public lands etc that are good place to try?

any places near Framingham good?

C'mon, you guys need to do some work and not have someone hand feed you.

It's a little late but what you can do is post a flyer or somehow get the word out in the towns of Sherborn, Medfield, Millis, Medway, Hoilliston- (Next to Framingham on the southeast side) that you're looking to hunt deer. (it's gotta be bow and arrow). Do some reasearch on the neighborhoods -homeowners there usually have at least a 3+ acre plot with some adjacent to conservation land. They are always looking for someone to kill the beasts that invade their yard, eating the flowers and shrubs. Not to mention the dangers of lyme disease from deer ticks. Just make up a waiver indicating that they are not responsible if you fall out of a tree or get hurt somehow and offer part of the meat or something.

Zone 10 has the most doe tags. Just pay the fee and you can get as many as you want. Probably fill them all too. Does are the best eating IMHO. Shoot them in the head. Quick kill and all the meat is intact. Bleeds them out as well so the meat is better. Bucks are way too gamey for me.

**Edited- you can try the public land route but most animals living there - not counting the mentally challenged stocked phesants, somehow know that if they step foot in the WMAs during the season they will die. Deer and other game migrate off those areas into their winter hideouts which happens to be people's backyards just a few hundred yards away. Plus, I don't think you'd appreciate someone already setup in a stand put a bead on you as you tromp thru the woods below them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom