Anyone interested in a slot at the 2013 NER (IDPA) this weekend?

I signed up for the match this spring, but I have not been able to re-qualify so I won't be able to shoot the match. PM me if anyone are interested.
I am on Squad 13 and shoot Saturday morning at 8am.
http://www.matchreg.com/NER/index.asp?action=viewsquads
I shot this match last year and it was a lot of fun and the stages were very well done.

The cost is $95.

PS, you must have a current classification on record with the IDPA.

Last edited:
I was told by a match official that I needed to be "classified" to shoot a match similar to this one. The match was full so the question was moot. I later checked the match results and found many "unclassified" shooters listed. If you really want to shoot the match you probably can.

I signed up for the match this spring, but I have not been able to re-qualify so I won't be able to shoot the match. PM me if anyone are interested.
I am on Squad 13 and shoot Saturday morning at 8am.
http://www.matchreg.com/NER/index.asp?action=viewsquads
I shot this match last year and it was a lot of fun and the stages were very well done.

The cost is $95.

PS, you must have a current classification on record with the IDPA.

Send an email to ner [at symbol] metrowesttactical [dot] com. I'll check with the match director tomorrow and one of us will get back to you.

I was told by a match official that I needed to be "classified" to shoot a match similar to this one. The match was full so the question was moot. I later checked the match results and found many "unclassified" shooters listed. If you really want to shoot the match you probably can.

Match classification as Unclassified was probably for those with classifications not listed in the software. Don't be fooled by results as posted

I had already contacted the match director and he told me I could find a substitute since it was too late for a refund so I posted here. It was my slot and I could give it to anyone I wanted, but I guess they just didn't want to deal with a refund and another payment this late in the game, which I can understand since I am sure they have enough to deal with just a few days before the match.
Gammon, You have to be classified (and have an active classification) to shoot major matches, but it is possible some clubs waive this requirement. It is also possible some competitors' equipment did not meet the IDPA rules and instead of sending home a disappointed shooter on match day they let them shoot for no score. I have seen this happen.
The wait list is posted on MWT's website and I was able to get the email addresses of some of the guys from IDPA's website so I think I will be able to find a sub.

I'm the assistant MD. I emailed the MD and he said you can shoot, but you won’t be scored (you'll have to figure out your own scores to see where you would have been). Of course it is up to you whether to shoot or give up your spot.

Alan

I'm the assistant MD. I emailed the MD and he said you can shoot, but you won’t be scored (you'll have to figure out your own scores to see where you would have been). Of course it is up to you whether to shoot or give up your spot.

Alan
When I contacted Mike C. about why I couldn't shoot, he did not mention I could still shoot for no score. One of the guys on the wait list already contacted me so I will see if he or someone else takes it.
It is a competition and I think everyone that shoots it should shoot it for a score.
PS, I wish IDPA did not require members to qualify annually.

I'm sorry you got conflicting information. Mike handles the registration & scoring, but Bob B. is the Match Director. Ultimately it is up to Bob, and he said it is OK to shoot without a score if you want. Again, up to you. I'm sure one of the waitlisted people would be very grateful for your spot if you decide not to shoot. Please e-mail the NER e-mail address I posted above when you decide what to do. We'll need to print labels for a new shooter if you give up your spot.

@BigDaddyAl, that's OK. Since I didn't think I would be able to shoot until I was qualified I hadn't really been looking forward to the match. If I had known earlier that I could still shoot I would have looked forward to the match since it was a lot of fun last year. Hopefully someone who are qualified will be able to take my spot.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom