• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone heading to Standish Sportsman's Show tomorrow?

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
East Bridgewater, Sat - Sun 19&20th 9-5 Sat and 9-2 Sun.

Attachments

• 2018 Show Flyer.jpg
    2018 Show Flyer.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 63
My brother and I are gong. Judging from the response here, there will be plenty of parking.

It was actually easy to move around. Usual over priced guns and not much ammo but there were a few interesting pieces. A lot of Colts now that they are up for sale in Mass (1911's were particularly well made). I have been interested in the ergonomics of both the Canik and Springfield XD line. The Canik felt great and was priced at only $399 (so I am sure it is like $379 or less anywhere else) for the 9mm. The XD I am taking off of my list as it reminds me of a Kahr, but I bet it conceals well as it is a single stack.
I wanted a kydex IWB for a H&K VP9 but didn't feel like paying $50 for one.
Not a bad small show, nice facility and easy in/out except for the ice sheet road..

I also went to the show today. There was plenty of space when I was there (read that as not too many attendees) and a good number of vendors but I felt that there were fewer firearms for sale than there were at the last two shows I went to (Holbrook and Monument Beach). I did look at a couple of used revolvers but felt they were priced too high so I came home without any new purchases.

Not bad, steady attendance. As others have stated lots of overpriced weapons. One problem I have is with unknowledgable dealers and dealers telling me what they think I should want, instead of what I really want.

Not bad, steady attendance. As others have stated lots of overpriced weapons. One problem I have is with unknowledgable dealers and dealers telling me what they think I should want, instead of what I really want.

You want what they have , and you’ll like it,
Or risk the dread3d stink eye :D

Back
Top Bottom