Anyone go to the Big E?

Ya it was OK. See this link: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20725 .

I like to go because it's a day of looking at gun stuff for me, I'm most times there for 6 or so hours, I like to poke around at every thing and BS with people I know or meet there.

I think the spring and fall ones are better, more tables, more stuff, better mix of things for sale.

But still can't beat a day of looking at gun stuff (well shooting gun stuff is better), I toped the day of buy going over to S&W shooting center and tossing some rounds down range.

Last edited:
I met the guys from Tombstone there and bought an S&W 442 with the Crimson Trace laser grip from them. Got a good deal and was treated very well (some real good guys work at Tombstone). One thing I did note, why do some guys feel they shouldn't shower the entire week before a gun show? No AC in the building and it kinda smelled like dirty ass. Not the greatest show but I was able to find some good deals.

I went late sunday. Lots of stuff I am interested in, Garands, M1 carbines, Sks, 01 Springfields. Could have emptied the bank account. Couldn't leave with out somthing though.

Found this 1950 Tula all matching. [grin]

DSCN0681.jpg

I met the guys from Tombstone there and bought an S&W 442 with the Crimson Trace laser grip from them. Got a good deal and was treated very well (some real good guys work at Tombstone).

I've always had a great experience with Tombstone. You should visit thier store. It's a bit of a drive for me but very nice.

I met the guys from Tombstone there and bought an S&W 442 with the Crimson Trace laser grip from them. Got a good deal and was treated very well (some real good guys work at Tombstone). One thing I did note, why do some guys feel they shouldn't shower the entire week before a gun show? No AC in the building and it kinda smelled like dirty ass. Not the greatest show but I was able to find some good deals.

I agree, I really like the folks over at Tombstone. I've picked up some things from them before, and they are great.

I talked to the guys at ZHA yesterday and they were very disappointed in the show.

I can't remember the last time we've been to the Springfield show and have a stellar day. It's usually not that busy of a show sales wise for us... We seem to do a lot better at Marlboro and Willimington.

A lot of people have become pissed off with the Big E.

- ammo restrictions,
- parking fee rape

Leads to dwindling supply of dealers and worse yet, dwindling supply of people who are willing to make the trek and pay the tariff.

Marlboro and Wilmington are in the "high tech district".

- Lots of techie folks own guns.
- Parking is free,
- ALL dealers can sell ammo/components,
- Commute for most is reasonable (not >100 miles each way)

and thus it is a better show for all.

Back
Top Bottom