Anyone familiar with action pistol shoots at Independent Sportsmans club?

SJan

NES Member
I have talked to a few guys about the action shoots, I understand they are 'USPSA like'. Do they use the same devisions? I normally shoot single stack but I'm wondering if I should bring some 10 round magazines to better fit in a different division

They use the same Divisions as USPSA. The reason you were told they were "USPSA like" is because they relax some of the USPSA rules in order to assist some of the shooters that may not have all the gear to participate in a USPSA match. The will allow you to start from a "low ready" position if you don't have the proper holster for your gun. They call it an Action Pistol shoot rather than a USPSA match. They do not relax any of the gun safety rules. They are a great group of shooters who put on a fun match. I would highly recommend that you attend one if you can. I find it one of my favorite monthly matches to attend. They normally charge $10 to enter the match, and unlike a USPSA match, you can enter twice for $20 and shoot the same gun twice, or shoot a different gun in a different division the second time around.

For each Action Shoot the following time schedule is followed:
7:30 Set up
8:30 Shooter sign up
8:50 Shooters briefing
9:05 Event start time

The schedule can be found here:
Independent Sportsmen's Club, Inc. - Action Shoot Calendar (2013 Dates)

If you have any more specific questions, ask away.

-Cuz.

Best thing about independent, after the fine folks of course, is the double entry (hmmm, that didn't come out right). It's awesome to be able to run the stages twice to either try something different or have another crack at the same plan if you botched something your first run. Definitely a good take.

Yes, definitely come on down. As others said it is just like USPSA but allowed to shoot twice (same or different firearm) use low ready if you don't have a proper holster or are not experienced in holster draw. Round count rules don't always always apply.
3 stages, usually done around noon.

~Dave~
www.HopkintonHeavyHitters.org

They run a great match but use some non-compliant (for USPSA) targets and occasionally procedures. Always a great time and a great bunch of guys/gals. [thumbsup]

I'm disappointed that I will not be able to make this Saturday's match. [frown]

They run a great match but use some non-compliant (for USPSA) targets and occasionally procedures. Always a great time and a great bunch of guys/gals. [thumbsup]

I'm disappointed that I will not be able to make this Saturday's match. [frown]

Awwwww, you will be missed [angry]. I was hoping to have you check out my M&P, I did the Apex Competition Kit myself after I won it at the Harvard Autism Match.

I shot a match there a couple of months ago and had a great time. Loved the option of shooting twice or two different guns. If you are going you might as well shoot two entries as the price is cheap and the matches are a lot of fun. As mentioned previously, a great bunch of people. I would be there, but I am going to try my first IDPA pistol match at Harvard.

Just got this email concerning the action pistol shoot on Saturday.

Hello everyone,

In an effort to be sensitive to our participants regarding the ammunition shortage, we will be running this month's Action Pistol match as a 22 Rimfire Pistol match in addition to the regular match.

There will be three rimfire divisions:

Revolver: Iron sights, 6-10 rounds
Limited: Iron sight semi auto, up to 10 rounds
Open: Anything with a red dot or comp on it (including revolvers), no capacity limits

The scoring will be the same as the normal action pistol match but will be scored and posted as it's own, separate match. The 22 results will not have a point series and scores will not apply to the regular annual point series.The entry fee will be the same $10.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you Saturday

Back
Top Bottom