Any waterfowl hunters this year?

I hunted at the Stearns Pond today @ Harold Parker WMA for ducks and geese...didnt see a single bird.

Saw lots of deer hunters...even had a chat with a muzzle loader hunter.

Any people hunting ducks/ geese from this forum?

I hunt ducks only got out once this year and it was too sunny and nice out. Saw one flock and they landed in the middle of the pond and wanted nothing to do with my very sexy decoys.

I live on the south shore and do a lot of deer hunting as well as upland birds and various small game. Ive always wanted to try waterfowl, but don't know anybody who does it. I have a shotgun, waders and cold weather gear. If anyone would be willing to let me tag along/show me the ropes, I would be glad to pick up a nice lunch/dinner and a few drinks afterward.

I really want to give it a try it looks like really exciting hunting. Please, please, please...

Matt

I live on the south shore and do a lot of deer hunting as well as upland birds and various small game. Ive always wanted to try waterfowl, but don't know anybody who does it. I have a shotgun, waders and cold weather gear. If anyone would be willing to let me tag along/show me the ropes, I would be glad to pick up a nice lunch/dinner and a few drinks afterward.

I really want to give it a try it looks like really exciting hunting. Please, please, please...

Matt

Same here...beginner waterfowl hunter here. In addition to Matt's gears, I also got a Sevylor 360 12" inflatable boat...so if any veterans wanna show us the ropes, let us know!

Matt

Same here...beginner waterfowl hunter here. In addition to Matt's gears, I also got a Sevylor 360 12" inflatable boat...so if any veterans wanna show us the ropes, let us know!

I was scouting today around Salem, Nahant, Lynn, and Marblehead. I will be going out this Saturday morning and afternoon. I must have seen over 1000 brant today, at least a couple hundred Eiders, black ducks, mallards, and a few buffleheads. If you guys are interested in going, I will be headed out by myself Saturday so PM me if your interested. I am not an expert on ocean hunting, but have been out a bunch of times with success. I grew up in upstate NY so most of my waterfowl hunting was in swamps, lake champlain, mohawk river, and the Great Sacandaga.

I was scouting today around Salem, Nahant, Lynn, and Marblehead. I will be going out this Saturday morning and afternoon. I must have seen over 1000 brant today, at least a couple hundred Eiders, black ducks, mallards, and a few buffleheads. If you guys are interested in going, I will be headed out by myself Saturday so PM me if your interested. I am not an expert on ocean hunting, but have been out a bunch of times with success. I grew up in upstate NY so most of my waterfowl hunting was in swamps, lake champlain, mohawk river, and the Great Sacandaga.

JDOV SS,
Thanks! I would definitely be interested. I will PM you my contact info. Ocean hunting huh, do you sit on shore, or in a boat? How do you recover the birds?
Where abouts in NY, I used to live in Saranac Lake when I was going to Paul Smiths College. I still sometimes wonder why I ever moved home.

P.S. If your looking for swamps, come on down to the south shore. The whole place is a swamp.

Thanks again,
Matt

Last edited:

Definitely interested.
I scouted Delaney Pond WMA on sunday and the Bolton Flats WMA as well.
Not a single bird out @ Delaney Pond.
A shit load of Canada Geese and Mallard Ducks @ Bolton Flats!!

And then today (monday)...thought I'd already figured it all out and went back to Bolton Flats, the birds were all gone. There were already 4 hunters at that spot and had decoys all set up[sad] . They told me that when they arrived, the birds were still there but then they all left... Oh well, lazy me didnt wake up early enough.

Back
Top Bottom