Any USPSA Special Classifiers coming up?

jar

I just joined USPSA for this season, and I'd like to get classified soon. Are any area clubs planning a special for early in the season? Also, when will the rest of the match schedules go up on the section website? I have the nth Sundays blocked off on my calendar, but it'd be nice to confirm things.

I just joined USPSA for this season, and I'd like to get classified soon. Are any area clubs planning a special for early in the season? Also, when will the rest of the match schedules go up on the section website? I have the nth Sundays blocked off on my calendar, but it'd be nice to confirm things.

Unlike IDPA, there isnt' a special classifier match. Some clubs do run classifier matches, often early in the season. The clubs normally run a clasifier stage per match. 4 classifiers will get you classified to start.

Last edited:
Unlike IDPA, there isnt' a special classifier match. Some clubs do run classifier matches, often early in the season. The clubs normally run a clasifier stage per match. 4 classifiers will get you classified to start.

"Special Classifier" is the term used in the classifier book for a classifier match. I know that I can get classified by shooting classifiers in regular matches, but shooting 4-6 classifiers in one day would be a nice jumpstart.

"Special Classifier" is the term used in the classifier book for a classifier match. I know that I can get classified by shooting classifiers in regular matches, but shooting 4-6 classifiers in one day would be a nice jumpstart.

We run our special classifier match in July at the same time as our new shooter clinic. I beleive you are only allowed two a year and most clubs do not bother with it until the weather warms up a bit so we are on an even playing field with the rest of the country.

If you start shooting matches, you'll be classified before most clubs have a classifier match.

Jar- don't get hung up on the classifiers too much- it almost means nothing. No one cares what your classification is if you aren't beating people at matches- that's what really matters. Your goal is to shoot the best you can, improve, and try to beat everyone. Classifiers mean nothing. It took me a bit to figure that out... still shaking it all off. It would be really neat if you didn't even know what stages were the classifier at matches wouldn't it? How many times have you seen someone completely blow a match... to try to kick ass on a classifier? Zeroing a 40pt classifier is still ugly even if it's only 40 pts.

That being said- I do have a goal... to SHOOT like an A shooter.... there are obviously certain skills you need to get any classification... but don't get caught up in it too much.

Student still learning...

classifier matches turn into a hose fest, everyone is going hero or zero. Plus the Match director can dictate how shooters will do based on the classifiers that are picked. Best bet is to shoot more matches to get classified

Back
Top Bottom