• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any statistics on firearms taken through "gun buy-backs"?

I've searched around a bit on the 'net, but didn't find any solid info.

I'm wondering if there are any overall state or national statistics on the so-called "gun buy backs".

Info I'm interested in... overall number of guns taken, type/ cal/ model, # functional, # stolen - and if stolen, when (that is, those stolen before the "buy-back" [thinking]).

[laugh]

It's about the same as the number of hijacks prevented by State Troopers carrying machine guns at Logan.

A while back, I was at a "gun violence" deal in Sudbury, and one of the guys at the front of the room showed a picture of his "favorite" gun from the last Worcester buy-back: An Arisaka, with bayonet.

Yeah. That'll give you mad street cred, homes. Wurd.

A couple studies from 94 and 98 showed they weren't effective because guns turned in didn't reflect what was used in crimes at the time.

[laugh]

It's about the same as the number of hijacks prevented by State Troopers carrying machine guns at Logan.

A while back, I was at a "gun violence" deal in Sudbury, and one of the guys at the front of the room showed a picture of his "favorite" gun from the last Worcester buy-back: An Arisaka, with bayonet.

Yeah. That'll give you mad street cred, homes. Wurd.

Here is a link to an article about the last Haverhill MA gun buyback.......at LEAST 16 of thise handguns are revolvers and I see at at least 3 lever action rifles on the left.........you know.......cuz it is such a great success that we got the "bangers" to turn in the wheel guns and 30-30 lever guns they are using in all this crime these days. ****ING JOKE!!!!!!!!!! I guarandamntee you the people turning in these guns are not criminals.....they are old widows who's hubby died years ago and they have no license to own them and this is an easy way to get them out of the dusty closet!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...n-control-advocates-think-about-gun-buybacks/

Back
Top Bottom