Any one have a cure for this.

I've got 12 primer sticks and the Winchester Primers are sticking in all of them. One stick is so bad that I tapped it over and over again and the primers still won't come out.

I was thinking about using Hornady dry lube or powdered graphite but I'm a little hesitant about do that.

Last edited:
If they're Dillon, make sure both end caps are all the way on. I was driven half nuts by that. If that's not it the inside may be scored, I'd call Dillon for replacements

I've got 12 primer sticks and the Winchester Primers are sticking in all of them. One stick is so bad that I tapped it over and over again and the primers still won't come out.

I was thinking about using Hornady dry lube or powdered graphite but I'm a little hesitant about do that.

Bugs- I wouldn't worry about using dry lube... I used it a bunch for case lube by mistake. It shouldn't be an issue at all.

On the other hand I'd be curious as to why they are sticking? Did they always stick?

The 4, I got from Hornady worked fine for about a year. Then the tips split and I got 4 more and the primers started getting stuck after about 2 months.

So a couple of weeks ago when I was at North Shore Firearms, I picked up a package of 4 new Dillon sticks. They got the primers stuck in them right away, first time I used them.

So right now I have 8 sticks for large and small primers that I have the same problem with.

I've blown compressed air through them and it didn't help. The bench I pick up the primers from, is real clean and I wipe it down before I dump primers on it, so I'm stuck for a reason or a cure.

Is it possible that the primers are the problem? I got a bad batch of Remington large pistol primers several years ago that jammed in the tube. The anvils were extending out of the cups just far enough to cause the jam.

Back
Top Bottom