Any interest in a USPSA/NROI RO LEVEL 1 COURSE ??

Interested. Best guess on pricing?

About what time would we finish on day 1?

If I had to ballpark a figure I'd go with $75, but that's just a bit more solid than a WAG [wink]. I have 17 so far that have expressed serious interest, we already lost a few due to conflicts with the date. Help drive the price down by convincing some of your buddies that they should take the class with you to keep you from gaining a competitive advantage over them. [smile]

Not sure on the day 1 finish time, maybe someone who has taken the class before can lend insight there.

If I had to ballpark a figure I'd go with $75, but that's just a bit more solid than a WAG [wink]. I have 17 so far that have expressed serious interest, we already lost a few due to conflicts with the date. Help drive the price down by convincing some of your buddies that they should take the class with you to keep you from gaining a competitive advantage over them. [smile]

Not sure on the day 1 finish time, maybe someone who has taken the class before can lend insight there.

Depending, it can go as late as 5PM. It is all driven by number of students, their experience level, the number of questions, and the person giving the class. The more people in the class and the more inexperienced people in the class the more questions are asked. Questions are very good and helpful to all but they slow down the flow.

I have taken the course 2 times with 2 different instructors. Second time was for a refresher with John Amidon and was worth the price of admission.

Ok folks, I sent out an e-mail yesterday asking for confirms but the list of people that I sent to was generated by club coordinators so I may have missed some of the NES crew. If you are still interested in taking the class and you didn't get an e-mail from me yesterday please PM me with your name and e-mail address and I'll get the info over. The info was basically what I have already posted here but it'll be easier to keep track of things if I get everything flowing to the same e-mail address.

Thanks,
Peter

SIG is also hosting an NROI class in late June. Should we try to get SIG to host a CRO class or do you all think there is enough interest to in having NROI teach multiple RO classes this year?

I'll be sending out an e tonight with price but class is still on. I think I have 16 "in" replies so far. The instructor emailed me some of the last info the other day so I should be able to finalize and get the e out to everyone...

I'll be sending out an e tonight with price but class is still on. I think I have 16 "in" replies so far. The instructor emailed me some of the last info the other day so I should be able to finalize and get the e out to everyone...

Great. Thanks for the update!

I just sent this out to those who have contacted me already, osting here in case anyone is on the fence....Here's the latest details on the class:

What: USPSA NROI Level 1 Seminar
Where: Hopkinton Sportsmans Association, 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton, MA
When: Sat May 17th 8am-5pm and Sun May 18 8am-completion.
Cost: $65, cash or check the day of the course.

Notes:
You must attend both days to complete the course.
If you have not already sent me an "IN" e-mail and you will be attending please let me know.
If you already sent an "IN" e-mail and need to cancel please let me know ASAP. I will note that the process has been set in motion and the class will happen, so if you committed to attending please do everything in your power to follow through.

There's still room so if you can talk your buddies into attending then even better. If we have a late surge of registrations I will gladly knock the class fee down accordingly.

Keeping with my trend of posting my distro e-mails here....

The NROI RO class is finally here! Here are the last details regarding the class, if you have any questions please just let me know.

Please plan on arriving at the class shortly before 8am to give yourself time to get a cup of coffee and get settled in. Bring along your rule book if you have a new one, writing materials, and any snacks you may need for Saturday. For Sunday if you are going to shoot you will need your normal equipment. All students must have eye and hearing protection on Sunday whether they are shooting or not. We will be outside so keep an eye on the weather and plan accordingly.

We will have coffee, donuts, and water available at the class both days. Lunch is still up in the air, we may order from the pizza/sub shop up the street from the club and eat in or let people venture out to find their own.

Reminder of details from my last e-mail:
What: USPSA NROI Level 1 Seminar
Where: Hopkinton Sportsmans Association, 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton, MA
When: Sat May 17th 8am-5pm and Sun May 18 8am-completion.
Cost: $65, cash or check the day of the course.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing everyone at the class.

Just got confirmation that our instructor Jay made it to town safely and we're all systems go for tomorrow. Class tomorrow is in the main clubhouse just off Lumber street. If you've never been to HSA then shame on you, we have great USPSA matches, but if that's the case and you're currently feeling shame then you should know that Lumber St is a bit twisty and narrow and the club can sneak up on you a bit. Keep an eye out for a stand alone garage with some trucks around it on your right side after the larger industrial lots you pass. The club is directly across the street from that garage, we have a nice new granite sign but the garage is usually easier to spot when you're coming up the road.

See everyone in the morning!

Thanks to Pete for running this and HSA for hosting it. Informative class.

Glad you enjoyed it! We have 19 people who will, in theory anyway, soon be on the books as offically official officials able to help out with matches. We had a good group with experience ranging from shooters with 20yrs in IPSC/USPSA to guys that just started this year and everyone seemed to enjoy the class.

now everyone needs to remember to send in their (completed) tests! [wink]

Glad you enjoyed it! We have 19 people who will, in theory anyway, soon be on the books as offically official officials able to help out with matches. We had a good group with experience ranging from shooters with 20yrs in IPSC/USPSA to guys that just started this year and everyone seemed to enjoy the class.

now everyone needs to remember to send in their (completed) tests! [wink]

Finished and sent it in yesterday! Yes, I'm "that guy", although I mainly did it because I know that if I didn't do it right away I would forget.

It was good to see a few familiar faces along with the new guys! Looking forward to seeing everyone "around the circuit"

I think we should all post our scores. I was a 93...

Back
Top Bottom