Any interest in a USPSA/NROI RO LEVEL 1 COURSE ??

Greetings All,

I'm trying to gauge if we have enough interest in a USPSA/NROI RO LEVEL 1 COURSE in the coming months. I know that the course has been offered locally the past couple of years but I also know that I've never been able to make it so I figured there might be more folks out there in a similar situation [wink]. It's a bit of work setting everything up so before I jump through too many hoops I wanted to see if there was real interest.

The course is a full weekend and both days are mandatory. All students must also be members of USPSA to attend. Once you have taken the course and passed the associated test you will be officially qualified to act as a Range Officer at sanctioned USPSA events. Ideally we'd get the course going at one of the MA clubs that regularly hosts USPSA matches sometime in early/mid spring so the newly minted RO's are good to go for the coming season.

Please post here with interest and/or questions.

Thanks,
Peter
Hopkinton Heavy Hitters - TY71710

I'm already an RO, but I'll jump in to highly recommend the class to all competitors, even if you don't plan to RO regularly. The RO class does a great job of teaching you to understand and apply the rules, which is as important to a serious competitor as it is to match officials.

Apologies, fun and excitement at work last week [angry]

Looks like we have enough to at least give it a try. We're going to pick a few weekend dates and see if we can get on HQs schedule. I will update as soon as I have the dates because I know most have to finagle the free time from either the work boss or the home boss.

Apologies, fun and excitement at work last week [angry]

Looks like we have enough to at least give it a try. We're going to pick a few weekend dates and see if we can get on HQs schedule. I will update as soon as I have the dates because I know most have to finagle the free time from either the work boss or the home boss.

In.

Update: Request was sent in to NROI HQ today, waiting to hear back. Only details I have at the moment is that if it all comes together the class will be hosted at Hopkinton Sportsmans Association (95 Lumber Street Hopkinton MA). I don't want to toss any dates out there until I hear back.

As soon as I know y'all will know

I'm already an RO, but I'll jump in to highly recommend the class to all competitors, even if you don't plan to RO regularly. The RO class does a great job of teaching you to understand and apply the rules, which is as important to a serious competitor as it is to match officials.

This. ^

Everyone I know who's taken this course is glad they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave has stepped in to try and work out the scheduling with national....I think the World Shoot planning is taking up a lot of cycles on their side so I asked him to play the heavy as Area Director [wink]. I know everyone needs a good amount of prior notice to make sure they can attend, I'll let y'all know as soon as I know. we're burning through the weeks quickly so we might have to push into April at this rate....

I am interested, but my job makes it very difficult to plan in advance. I also work weekends which is obviously a problem. Will late entries be accepted?

UPDATE:

Our esteemed Area Director has just informed me that NROI has fit us into their busy schedule for the weekend of May 17-18.

The class will be hosted at Hopkinton Sportsmans Association (95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton, MA).
You must be able to attend the entire class, both days, to become certified.

I will update with pricing and registration details once I pin them down but I wanted to get the date out there ASAP to allow people the best chance to plan. The more students we have for the class the lower the class fee will be, kind of a "group buy" scenario.

General info can be found here

Peter

Back
Top Bottom