Any IDPA SO Classes out there?

This weekend I ran Chopper through his stages for the WPRC IDPA match. It was good practice for me and interesting to actually see the life of an SO (even tho I was only running an exceptionally safe, experienced shooter which made it easy [grin]). I'm interested in playing a more active role in our club matches and helping out. I'd like to become an SO...

Anyone out there running or putting together a class in the near future? If there's other student interest I'd be willing to talk to some of the instructors and WPRC to see if I could put something together.

We ran an IDPA SO course at WPRC earlier this year. If there is enough demand, we could look at doing another one in the fall maybe. We are always happy to have more SO's...so Join WPRC :)

pdogg77 - You would make a great SO. Also, we can certify you as an ASO pretty quick and you can actually run your own stage.

This weekend I ran Chopper through his stages for the WPRC IDPA match. It was good practice for me and interesting to actually see the life of an SO (even tho I was only running an exceptionally safe, experienced shooter which made it easy [grin]). I'm interested in playing a more active role in our club matches and helping out. I'd like to become an SO...

Anyone out there running or putting together a class in the near future? If there's other student interest I'd be willing to talk to some of the instructors and WPRC to see if I could put something together.

Paul, if you want to take the lead on this project, I will work with you to get something set up in the fall at WPRC.

Peter

wpr has a good crew of s.o.'s and if we can add more to the team it will only make our club idpa matches that much better, plus it would be nice to trade off every once in a while. thanks for stepping up

Contacted some instructors and the can't run anything in the near future. I'll regroup with my club at the match tomorrow and see what I can do.

Finally have some leads on getting this going in Dec/Jan... Instructors have asked for a rough count. Can I get a count of people that would be "in" for a class at WPRC pending details of course?

Looks like I have at least 8 or so... I'm emailing the instructors again. They seem to blackhole my emails :)

I am planning on running a class over the winter - date to be determined - probably in Feb or more likely in March.

This class is for IDPA members who are interested in helping to run IDPA matches. It is NOT an introduction class (Please see GOAL's website as they have some great intro classes planned). This is an all-day class that includes classroom and range work.

There are two matches this summer that will be grateful for new & fresh help:
IDPA MA State Championship (New Bedford, MA)
IDPA New England Regional Championship (Harvard, MA)
The hopes are for some of the attendees of this class to consider volunteering to help out at one or both of these matches.

Please send me an email ([email protected]) or PM to let me know if you want to attend. If you are not an IDPA member yet, you can also signup during the class.

I am planning on running a class over the winter - date to be determined - probably in Feb or more likely in March.

This class is for IDPA members who are interested in helping to run IDPA matches. It is NOT an introduction class (Please see GOAL's website as they have some great intro classes planned). This is an all-day class that includes classroom and range work.

There are two matches this summer that will be grateful for new & fresh help:
IDPA MA State Championship (New Bedford, MA)
IDPA New England Regional Championship (Harvard, MA)
The hopes are for some of the attendees of this class to consider volunteering to help out at one or both of these matches.

Please send me an email ([email protected]) or PM to let me know if you want to attend. If you are not an IDPA member yet, you can also signup during the class.

Emailing you as we speak! Thanks!

Dave- thanks for the post. As well as the MA State that you guys have been doing a great job for years now... John and I (MD and AMD) would love to get new blood to help with the NE Regionals- as you mentioned.

It's fun work, you get to meet great people, see all kinds of talent and it's the only way the sport survives- when everyone pitches in.

Dave- depending on the date I'd certainly be willing to help you out with the class.

Back
Top Bottom