Any Florida LTC classes next week?

msdamato

NES Member
Any Florida LTC classes next week?

Kinda last minute but I had surgery wednesday and will be off all next week for recovery. I'm feeling great so far and thought if there was a Florida LTC class I could jump in on I may.

Reply here or PM me or email to [email protected]

Matt, as an Instructor you might give FL a call and check . . . they might accept your NRA Instructor credentials in lieu of a course. That worked for me with my ME permit. Can't hurt to ask.

Matt, as an Instructor you might give FL a call and check . . . they might accept your NRA Instructor credentials in lieu of a course. That worked for me with my ME permit. Can't hurt to ask.
NRA instructor credentials worked for me with FL.

This will not work with UT which requires the specific course.

I hadn't looked at the FL CCW site in a few years and prompted by this thread, I decided to go back and look again. Unlike Utah, there is no class requirement. You do have to submit proof of training by a certified trainer. It seems that a certificate issued by a MSP certified instructor would meet that requirement. As would holding a MSP instructor certificate.

I hadn't looked at the FL CCW site in a few years and prompted by this thread, I decided to go back and look again. Unlike Utah, there is no class requirement. You do have to submit proof of training by a certified trainer. It seems that a certificate issued by a MSP certified instructor would meet that requirement. As would holding a MSP instructor certificate.

As long as the course included live fire it should be OK. I would certainly think that an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor credential meets this requirement. There is a laundry list of acceptable courses, but thereafter in 790.06 (2) (h) (7) it mentions the live fire requirement.

Is fingerprinting for this purpose something that police stations do regularly?

Yes, as there are numerous other reasons people need to get print sets done. There is often a nominal fee, but it is generally a routine service.

Back
Top Bottom