Any Fist Fire instructors in Massachusetts?

Not that I've ever heard of. Just watched a few videos on YouTube...I think it's kind of hard to take instruction from someone with a comb-over mullet. That said, I'm always open to see new techniques to up my operator status.

1186596-picture_2.png

Looks like a bunch of bulshido to me. What is it that you're hoping to get out of instruction, OP? Are you enamored with this particular style of firearms training? There may be someone local that can help you achieve your goals.

DR is a good shooter. The grip and stance he uses, Weak arms straighter is widely used in the competition world, but it is not really a modification of Leatham/Enos grip. Its just what happens when you cam you wrist over. He calls it fist fire so he can market it as his own.
His point shooting is really aimed shooting, just using the top of the slide instead of traditional sights.

There is a lot you could learn from him, most of his techniques are pretty solid

He does have a pretty good competition record. I'm impressed he got so far in spite of not aiming using sights. How much better would he have done with solid conventional technique?

When my 1911 sights were back ordered on a new build, I took the gun to the range to test out and it was pretty easy to do a 7 yard Bill drill without sights just indexing off the slide. I was very surprised by that.

He does have a pretty good competition record. I'm impressed he got so far in spite of not aiming using sights. How much better would he have done with solid conventional technique?

When my 1911 sights were back ordered on a new build, I took the gun to the range to test out and it was pretty easy to do a 7 yard Bill drill without sights just indexing off the slide. I was very surprised by that.

Given your level of skill, I would say you could shoot a bill drill with your eyes closed and do well. How much of the sights do you see on a bill drill anyways? A blurry front sight and zero back sight? So why would a blurry front of a slide be any different.

His Fist Fire is taught as a complete system and he has a couple of DVDs out. His book is impossible to get and costs almost $200 used. Thanks for the DRFT tip.

Back
Top Bottom