Any ammo/cartridge collectors here? I need some advice/input. Pics inside

I'm planning on selling off some of my collection & I don't know much about ammo & need some advice as to what the values may be, etc..

I also can't decide if I should list them at gunbroker or auctionarms. Where do you think I'd sell better at?

Anyway, I have few different items & wanted to get an idea as to what to use for a reserve price, what you think they're worth, etc..

The first one is a small box, Remington, UMC .30 cal 110grs Mushroom Bullets & has 19 in the box that would hold 25 if full. It's dated 1918. I'd say the box is very good condition, though seems yellowed a bit & has a penciled price marking of .65
6hi7n1y.jpg

The next one is Winchester Repeating Arms .22 Long Rifle. It's a small red box, & is in very good shape, though the black text is hard to read on the red unless under bright light & there's 29 out of 50 still in the box. I can't find the date on this one.
52vwvtz.jpg

Next is Union Metallic Cartridge Co, .32 S&W & has 37 of 50 still in box. Box is missing some of label on sides & I'd say fair to good condition.
66v3cc1.jpg

Next is a nice excellent condition, full box Winchester .32 automatic Colt 7.65mm Browning Full Patch 74 grain & is dated April, 1920.
6bivmnt.jpg

I have an empty S&W .32 box in poor to fair condition & a couple old shotshell boxes from I think 1930s but doubt they're worth much, but for most part wanted some feedback on these.

I'm considering putting them on auction so I can use funds for some muzzleloading stuff. Would these be worth much more later if I saved them. Should I save them & then sell when my daughters are heading to college in 11 years

Thanks

Last edited:
I agree, ebay would be the best venue to get the most $$ for them.

There is a guy from NH named Iconoclast on the Gunbroker forum and he is an advanced collector so he could answer your inquiry better than me.

1. I'd stipulate in any offering: "No sales or delivery into Massachusetts; buyer must certify in writing that sale violates no law or regulation in his jurisdiction."

2. You probably have no intention of shooting any of those rounds, but at a minimum, most if not all are probably corrosively primed (KNO3).

Back
Top Bottom