Another restriction, another nail in the 2nd ammendment

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Got this letter today. Bump stock and trigger cranks are illegal. No transfer or sale. Illegal to possess after May. You get hung after that.

t

Attachments

• Bump stocks.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Got this letter today. Bump stock and trigger cranks are illegal. No transfer or sale. Illegal to possess after May. You get hung after that.

Those are accessories, not arms, so wouldn't be covered by 2A anyway

I could not disagree with you more. They are gun parts and gun parts are certainly covered under the 2nd. . They are gun parts that are legal as defined by the NFA. What is not constitutional is the ATF writing a rule that goes beyond the written word of a law. The ATF cannot simply rewrite laws on their own. That power is held by Congress and the Executive branch.

I could not disagree with you more. They are gun parts and gun parts are certainly covered under the 2nd. . They are gun parts that are legal as defined by the NFA. What is not constitutional is the ATF writing a rule that goes beyond the written word of a law. The ATF cannot simply rewrite laws on their own. That power is held by Congress and the Executive branch.
True, but the letter is from MA and pertains to MA law.

I know the States are allowed to write laws stricter than Federal laws, but confiscation without compensation riles me.

t

Good point. Regular stocks and triggers aren't "arms" either, so banning those should be fine with regards to the 2A also. Barrels, firing pins, bolts, same thing. Heck, banning all individual components should be totally fine. I mean, none on their own are "arms", so good to go. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom