Ankle Holster

Garys

NES Member
Not seeing anything in the forum, I think it's safe to ask. [wink]

Does anyone have an recommendations for ankle holsters? Specifically for a J frame S&W. I've tried a couple over the years and they've either slid down or been so tight they cut off circulation.

Thanks,

Gary

I had one for my PPK/S which was used as a BU gun while on duty. It never stayed in place during any exertion and always flopped around. I replaced it with one with more padding and as you said the only way to anchor it was to make it way too tight.

As a bu holster they are ok but I would never recommend one as a primary holster. Drawing from an ankle holster is difficult at best and takes much practice to do it even halfway reliably. But during the summer months it was my only option.

Renegade Model 500 Ankle Holster

Gary, I have been wearing my 642 in a Renegade Model 500 Ankle Holster on a regular basis for 2 years now. Very comfortable. The elastic/velcro band that wraps around my weak side ankle is quite wide and so prevents rocking. Its a one-piece unit that does not use a calf strap. Easy on/off. It does NOT print at ALL under my Levi's 540 Jeans (relaxed fit). If you do a search online for the holster you will find some links.

This is the last known info I had for contacting them:

Renegade Holster and Leather Co.
P.O. Box 31546
Phoenix, AZ 85046
3711 E Gelding Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602) 482-6777

I ended up getting the Galco Ankle Glove that I started using it just recently. It seems very stable. My only complaint is that I wear a lot of Levi's 550 relaxed fit jeans, which I guess tappers down by the bottom of the leg. Because of that tappering, it patterns a little bit. It's pretty concealed in dockers and jeans that are wider at the bottom of the leg.

Back
Top Bottom