• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo stolen lesson learned - update: received

The only issue that solves is that it serves as some sort of proof they "dropped it" there. (Although you can't prove the driver picked it up and took it after the pic).

I had an Amazon package dissappear. They had a pic of where they left it, but it wasn't there.
That is why I edited the post to include my cameras.

It is common practice for drivers to sign for all packages in the morning or at lunch time and then just drop the packages off throughout the day.
They should get rid of tracking all together, if you order something wait till it gets there.

Last edited:
I think delivery drivers sign and scan as delivered the packages left on their trucks at the end of the day that they know they can't deliver on time, so that their performance does not get dinged.
UPS and Amazon use gps to follow trucks, you can see them online too. UPS all day and Amazon when they get close. It is hard to fudge the system now.

UPS and Amazon use gps to follow trucks, you can see them online too. UPS all day and Amazon when they get close. It is hard to fudge the system now.

True. Had a package that got really screwed up in transit. It finally made it as out for delivery. Never showed up. Was out in the yard at 9:10pm with the dog, the UPS truck drives up, briefly stops at the end of the driveway and takes off. Checked tracking and it said Delivery attempted. Location closed. Yeah, just didn't feel like doing their job and didn't want it to show.

When Amazon makes a delivery, they take a picture of it delivered, we also do this at work. All carriers should do it, bet it would solve a lot of issues. The cameras at the house are great if something went missing after the delivery.
There are a couple of youtube videos showing the guy taking the picture and then picking up the package and walking off with it.

plot thinkens. Driver showed up telling me he went to the wrong address it was delivered at and that person said they brought it to the Post office! Bizarre!

When Amazon makes a delivery, they take a picture of it delivered, we also do this at work. All carriers should do it, bet it would solve a lot of issues. The cameras at the house are great if something went missing after the delivery.
Love the home security footage of the delivery guys placing the package on the stoop, taking a pic and then picking the package back up and walking back to the truck with it [laugh]

eta- whoops, already been brought up. Cameras are so inexpensive, small and readily available to the average person, you'd be stupid to not assume youre on someones camera when out in public

I made a post recently about being annoyed by Midway shipping 1k 223 rounds to me in the winchester factory box with a shipping label on it, no discretion at all. Lots of people reacted with "OHH NOOO neighbors will know you shoot!!!" that was never the issue, the issue is that they're advertising that the box contains something with huge value right now. This is why it was annoying, not that my neighbors would "know I shoot" hah

It is common practice for drivers to sign for all packages in the morning or at lunch time and then just drop the packages off throughout the day.
They should get rid of tracking all together, if you order something wait till it gets there.
You must have some corript hack drivers because I've never experienced this, and i get a shitload of computer parts at 2 different locations. I've never had something reported as "delivered" unless it was where it was supposed to be or went missing entirely (rare).

.....and that person said they brought it to the Post office! Bizarre!
i do this with fedex and prime packages mis-delivered to me which is 90% of the time at the moment. i use to jump in my truck and deliver them until one day i became "woke" and said what the f*** am i doing finishing the the job for these clowns. so i drive them to the post office and drop them in the parcel bin for prepaid packages. i hate to do it to the people who are waiting for something but my hope was and still is that someone would question why are fedex and prime parcels, all from the same route, end up at the post office and in the end someone would have a pep talk with the drivers. i use to try and call the delivery services but it got tiresome arguing that yes, i could finish delivering the package but i'm not on the payroll so send someone out to finish what you started.

But I have seen videos of them taking the picture of the delivered package, then
picking it back up and driving off. Essentially stealing the package. Even Uber Eats
drivers have done this. One even stole the persons puppy off of the porch after delivery.

I have had USPS state the package was delivered, but then actually deliver it the next day.
They have even said they couldn't get to the mail box because of snow, Then how did
they deliver the rest of the mail that day.

If I have something expensive coming I have it delivered to my work. Next Wednesday
I am getting a MSLA Resin 3D printer Delivered $760. I want to see how it will print
an AR Lower. Three lowers could be printed at the same time on the size of this machine.

The other day I probably looked like a Porch Pirate. Package was delivered to my house
when I was making a run to the Machine Shop for Work. My porch is about 20 feet from
the main road, So I stopped across the driveway, left the Truck running with the door
open, walked to the porch and grabbed the package. Then just drove off with it.

Malodave

Last edited:
But I have seen videos of them taking the picture of the delivered package, then
picking it back up and driving off. Essentially stealing the package. Even Uber Eats
drivers have done this. One even stole the persons puppy off of the porch after delivery.

I have had USPS state the package was delivered, but then actually deliver it the next day.
They have even said they couldn't get to the mail box because of snow, Then how did

Malodave
I'm still waiting on a package that was marked as delivered to the "dock"

Malodave
That is why I have several home cameras.

We had a package delivered to my work once. We were open,
but no driver came in with the Package. When we called the
Shipping company about it, we found out they delivered it to
the back door that we rarely use.

Malodave

Just had another Fedex package returned as undeliverable to the sender. Unbelievable! This place has been here since 1987 and we’ve been here since 2004. Never had this issue until now.

FedEx sucks, they just plain SUCK. They never deliver to my door, no matter how descriptive the address is. UPS always gets it right when it's a Target package, otherwise it's most of the time they're ok. I have the best luck with the postal service. I know it's not just me, because when I walk my dog around town, I see big notes stuck near people's door's with instructions for the @%@#$%$% delivery drivers. I'm thinking these a$#holes think it's some sort of humerous payback to customers for making them work.

Had a DVD (not) delivered by USPS.
Got the delivery notification,
but no DVD.

Got on the blower to the town postmaster.
DVD magically appeared the next day.

I suspect the driver just stuck it in a neighbor's curbside mailbox,
who then bounced it back to them the following day.

It all comes down to the driver. At my old job, UPS was moronic gorillas, and FedEx was superior. At my current place, the UPS guy rocks. Hell, the UPS guy called me after seeing a FedEx guy do a drive-by delivery on a Friday afternoon. Four 25-kilo packages of raw materials were left on the lip of the loading dock. Since they were mis-addressed (they were supposed to go to another of our facilities), they'd have sat out in the weather all weekend.

The "Last Mile" is the most important one.

I have medication sent and it needs a signature, the driver just throws it on the porch and leaves. I caught him one time and he said that the driver signs it now because of the WuFlu. All well and good until someone steals it and i have to explain to the pain management people why i need a new prescription.

Back
Top Bottom