• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo shipped to an 01 FFL

NES Member
So I was on the phone today with an ammo dealer who does not ship to MA and in the past would not even ship to a 01 FFL holder. I live in RI so they said there is no issue shipping ammo to me, but I did get some positive news for the MA folks.

I told him on how I was born in Ma and living in exile, and that how it suck that I couldn't get ammo shipped to me when I lived in MA. He said that as of a couple weeks ago they were now shipping ammo to 01 FFL's. He said that the AG has "loosened up" the some of the regulations (non-existent regulations that is) on shipping ammo to 01 FFL's in MA.

FWIW I doubt the AG has contacted and expressed to any dealers/manufactures that they could now ship ammo to 01 FFl's. Do you think the company is just taking a gamble on the new AG? Or is it possible that the new AG is actually moving in the right direction for once?

I mean, to some degree, wasn't this always the case anyways?
After all, the MA dealers have to get their ammo some way or
another. I got the distinct impression that the AG never pushed
the issue when the vendor was only selling to MA FFLs.... if the
AG "shut off" their ammo supply, then there probably would be a
massive lawsuit against the AG over the issue, and then the whole
thing would probably get blown apart. I would wager thats why
the AG has only been "90% oppressive" because that last 10%
would cost them dearly. MA dealers would essentially be forced
to sue them or go out of business.

I guess some of it depends on the distributor's paranoia vs actual
enforcement, etc. It would not surprise me if some dealer
stopped selling to everyone (including FFLs) getting the impression
that "all" sales were prohibited because they couldn't sell to even
licensed gun owners!

-Mike

Just once I'd like to ask one of these people exactly where they get their information on (largely non-existent) Massachusetts laws and regulations. Does G-d appear to them in a dream? Did they overhear the Cigarette Smoking Man talking with Krycek in a bar? Maybe they've got a computer algorithm that decodes secret memos hidden in the static on their television screens? Or maybe they put on elbow-length gloves and reach way up ...

Ken

Back
Top Bottom