• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo company unveils new “cold tracer” rounds safe for use on any range, even indoors

• Caliber: 9mm (.45 ACP to follow later in the year)
  • Velocity: 1,150 FPS
  • Bullet: Special 95-grain, cold tracer round
  • MSRP: $19.95 box of 20

G2 Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 526
Winder, GA
www.G2Rammo.com

Kind of cool. I have a few boxes of 556 tracer I paid 8-10 box a box of 20 for I believe. If they can get close to that and I can shoot it wherever, that would be cool.

Unless these things are intended for sub-MGs, where you’d load one every x rounds, I’m not sure what you’d DO with one of these... except F around.

I’m not loading these in my CCW in place of Gold Dots.

Somebody wanna clue me in about what the point of these is?

Last edited:
I can see it now, first time someone tries using those indoors at an MA Fudd Club (TM) this is going to be the response.... even if it ain't flammable...

Unless these things are intended for sub-MGs, where you’d load one every x rounds, I’m not sure what you’d DO with one of these... except F around.

I’m not loading these in my CCW in place of Gold Dots.

Somebody wanna clue me in about what the point of these is?

They are for f***ing around with. Or to help keep your bump stock equipped black rifle on target.

Sub-guns are for close work, not like a 240, 49 or 50 at distance to see if your rounds are hitting where you saw muzzle flash. Just like everything else in the world, tracers have their place and can be very useful. We would load the first 3 or 4 rounds in our 5.56 mags with tracer, so that they were the last ones fired, as a visual confirmation that you’re low. Don’t discount things just because you haven’t trained with them.

Last edited:
Don’t discount things just because you haven’t trained with them.
I’m not doing that. We’re not talking about tracers in general here (which you’re right... I haven’t trained with). I’m talking about this specific product.

Here we have a 9mm round, with a unique loading and bullet weight. I’m asking a legit question: What are these things good for?

They’re not personal defense ammo. Because of the unique ballistics, they won’t fly on the same trajectory as any other round you might have loaded with it, so you can’t use it to track the trajectory of your rounds.

Unless the entire point is what xjma99 said (“f***ing around”)... which is all I can think of, I’d like to know if I’m missing something.

Instead of “pew, pew, pew”

It’s ”pew... ahhh... pretty!”.... “pew, ahhhhh....”... “pew.... look at that!”

If people like that, and they want to pay a buck a round for it, I say have fun. Enjoy! But that can’t be the whole point of this round, can it?

Back
Top Bottom