AMMO-CLIPS.COM - SCAM?

glockforlife

NES Member
Ordered some magazines (High Standard) from this website several months ago. I have heard nothing. No response to my telephone messages or to their online Contact Us email address. Has anyone had successful dealings with this business? Thanks.

Ordered some magazines (High Standard) from this website several months ago. I have heard nothing. No response to my telephone messages or to their online Contact Us email address. Has anyone had successful dealings with this business? Thanks.

That website looks "sketch AF", as the kids say.

No address, shipping info, status about backed up orders…. That looks super scammy. There’s other websites that are extremely reputable with a far better inventory.

Wesellclipsnshit4less.com
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

No reviews, no social media, accepts Venmo, less than a year old, lack of details and information, no store front, doesn't reply to messages, no update after months.... yeah this fine.
That's not even the weirdest one. They accept Diner's Club and JCB. When's the last time you've ever even seen a Diner's Club card? And JCB is a Japanese card network. Like the Japanese Mastercard/Visa. They'll take your money over the internet no matter how you want to pay. Red flags galore.

OP: The website is built on the Shopify platform. That might be another approach. Still contact your credit card company, but also shoot Shopify an email. The telephone number traces back to a "William Grivas" who seems to operate another company called Spartan Systems Inc. in the semiconductor business, so who knows if that's even a legit business number. Could just be something they scalped off the internet.

A lot of people don't realize that lots of browsers auto-hide the "www." these days from URL's shown in the top bar. If you double click the URL bar in Chrome, the entire thing shows up ("https://www."). And while some sites still populate without it, some sites still require it depending on code, server, and browser.

That's not even the weirdest one. They accept Diner's Club and JCB. When's the last time you've ever even seen a Diner's Club card? And JCB is a Japanese card network. Like the Japanese Mastercard/Visa. They'll take your money over the internet no matter how you want to pay. Red flags galore.

OP: The website is built on the Shopify platform. That might be another approach. Still contact your credit card company, but also shoot Shopify an email. The telephone number traces back to a "William Grivas" who seems to operate another company called Spartan Systems Inc. in the semiconductor business, so who knows if that's even a legit business number. Could just be something they scalped off the internet.
Thanks! I appreciate the research.

When will people learn ...

If every single website and local gun store is out of stock on a $50 product and some random website has stock at $35 ... it is a scam.

They are poping up all over the place.

They all look very similar and have the same simple website template, not much info, not a lot of product, everything seems to be in stock and at a great price, some will even show price reduction.

If “ammo-clips.com” doesn’t raise a red flag not sure what the F will. plenty of scam sites out there. If I’m ordering from a new site I examine their contact info. If a phone # is listed, I’m calling it to say hi. If no phone # then no sale.

here’s a nice scam site, using a name similar to rainier arms to feign legitimacy. Maybe they have some clips to sell too…

the amazing inventory at cheap prices is an obvious concern. Hey look they even have a killer price on the unobtainanium EZ 9mm mags @hillman has been looking for!

I'm so awful with computer stuff that I wouldn't know a scam from a real site but I've ordered magazines from Greg Cote LLC and had no problems.

If “ammo-clips.com” doesn’t raise a red flag not sure what the F will. plenty of scam sites out there. If I’m ordering from a new site I examine their contact info. If a phone # is listed, I’m calling it to say hi. If no phone # then no sale.

here’s a nice scam site, using a name similar to rainier arms to feign legitimacy. Maybe they have some clips to sell too…

the amazing inventory at cheap prices is an obvious concern. Hey look they even have a killer price on the unobtainanium EZ 9mm mags @hillman has been looking for!

No way dude, are you sure that 9mm at $8.50 is a scam?

That is cheaper than December 2019 9mm.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom