Amiright?!?!

I think we all need tricorns...

If they had baseball hats back then, they’d have worn them instead of those things.

Or these:
images

Try one in the rain and compare it to a baseball cap.

You know an NES patch would look good on one of those tricorns!

I’m sure they were great in the rain, being all wool and all. Try wearing one in the jungle or heavy woods though and see how long it stays on your head.

There’ll be a line of Tri-corns hanging off the “wait a minute vines” and “Goddammit branches”, constantly distracting you and taking your eyes off what you should be looking at/for while you keep stopping to retrieve your old hat. 🤷‍♂️

Sure they looked pretty cool, with the entire outfit of the time, but wearing one these days? I’ll pass. lol

Back during the Revolutionary War, when I was a boy, (OK, maybe it was the 70's) they didn't sell TCH's at the gift shops in Boston. That peeved me off. They sold awful "Pirate" hats that my dad would try and use paperclips to pin into a ghetto tricorner. Nope.

Today they are all over. Seems some genius should have made one in 76-77. Bicentennial and all. I may buy one just to wear around. Maybe get a sled named Rosebud as well. ;)

I’m sure they were great in the rain, being all wool and all. Try wearing one in the jungle or heavy woods though and see how long it stays on your head.

First, I'm like 99% sure OP isn't seriously suggesting we wear tricorn hats. He's making a reference to the boog, the happening, go time, SHTF, etc. That's why I mentioned nods.

Second, the tricorn hat is based on the slouch hat. The slouch hat is a floppy hat that can be pinned up on one or both sides to make a shooting hat or a hat for protection in woods, brush, desert, jungle, etc. The slouch hat is still in military service with countries like Australia. Australia's parade dress has the Akubra slouch hat, which is available for sale if you want one. Other people that really liked the slouch hat included Rhodesia, the Gurkhas, Britain in WW2, the CSA, and the Irish Volunteers. The slouch hat also appeared in the American Revolution - a slouch hat would stereotypically be seen with a guy wearing a buckskin shirt, gaiters, and with a rifle or acting as light infantry.

Slouch hat pictures:

e2e605e81a9aeb5696dbd31c26b7b7ff.jpg

2rar-officers-following-the-granting-of-the-freedom-of-fort-victoria-to-the-battalion-october-1979.jpg

p05tjv1t.jpg

Ds2OJfnWkAAmDUS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom