Americans Reveal The Terrifying Things They Keep In Their Pockets

Locking blade, one handed operation, and blade over 3 inches are all considered extra killy features in the UK. They are each illegal.

There is a lot of knife crime in the UK.

Makes me laugh when I hear Europeans criticize our "gun violence." The murder rate in Middlesex County, Mass. or the whole of Vermont for that matter is about the same as in the UK or pretty much any other European country despite the fact we are swimming in guns. But you're much more likely to be stabbed or have your teeth kicked in in the UK than you are in Mass. or Vermont.

The UK is a violent country. Turns out it's not the weapon but the person holding it that is the problem.

My dear lord. To think this is where we are trending is utterly depressing. I got my first pocket knife before I was 10. Thanks dad, for making sure I was a man.

I once heard a great great quote; "man is useless without a blade and a flame." Only thing it was missing was the most useful means of self defense (firearms). But still, I took it to heart and am surprised how often I have to explain it to someone when they realize I carry a knife. If they only knew. God help us.

If the liberals get their way, the US will be like that in a couple of generations too.
Glad i'll be driving the Bronze Buick by then, I personally have carried a lock back folding knife and a Zippo lighter longer than I can remember.and feel lost if I realize I've left the house without either one. * I quit smoking over 10 years ago but refuse to give up my Zippo, one never knows when a trusty friend will be needed.

Last edited:
My first knife was gotten from turning in Bazooka chewing gum proofs of purchase and a small fee. The knife sucked, what do you expect. But even at that early age, 9?, the utility of a knife in the pocket made sense.

+1. Newports! This guy is totally badass.
display_zpszoiy4q9v.jpg

Absolute badassery there, this guy even graduated from Capt. Scullys sailing school. [laugh]

What wusses. Would love to see the UK or EU edc threads if they exist. Rape whistle and lube might be high on the list. Perhaps a tea bag and two lumps, just in case tea time comes around in an inconvenient spot?

On another note, I'm always amazed at how much people can jam into their pockets in these edc threads. I have trouble finding a place to put my keys without sctratching my phone screen when I pocket carry, let alone the seemingly typical three knives, two flashlights, zippo, pack of kools, and a monkey fist.

- - - Updated - - -

That fishhook looks like a 4/0. No one needs a 4/0.

Ban it. [wink]

so, an EMT should NOT have a knife in his pocket to cut seatbelts and other stuff???? What, there are no seatbelts in the EU?

Speaking of key chain, what's with the handcuff key? And evidently they (the article author) can't count. There are at least four "girthy-as-firetruck knives" in the picture.

OMG!

Is that a 7/16" open end wrench on your keychain ???

What possible ill intent would you have that for, disconnecting someones TV cable ???

Are those even legal to carry in Massachusetts ???

[shocked]

so, an EMT should NOT have a knife in his pocket to cut seatbelts and other stuff???? What, there are no seatbelts in the EU?

No. Those people stuck in their cars are acceptable collateral damage as long as people aren't allowed to carry scary knives in their pockets. The same as in this country how the antis are willing to sacrifice young women as long as "refugees" are still allowed in and these women aren't able to defend themselves with anything other than a whistle or their own piss.

What a bunch of pussies Europeans have become. Depending upon others to bail them out of every and any situation and relying on a corrupt self-serving govt to protect them.

Did you notice that the 23/M from Scotland, besides his large capacity graffiti machine (AKA Sharpie) also had his rape whistle? You can never be too prepared.

I don't get that. Why would you want a whistle to attract rapists????

[rofl] I'm sooooo skert I'm gonna go into the bathroom and shelter in place.

Did you notice that the 23/M from Scotland, besides his large capacity graffiti machine (AKA Sharpie) also had his rape whistle? You can never be too prepared.

It's probably one of those urban/hip things like earrings. Switch genders on a rape whistle and it switches the meaning from repel to attract.

I posted to this Reddit thread a couple years ago. I should probably update with my current EDC soon.

Got some good comments on the Reddit thread, like "I like how on the outside it's a nice young lady with cute pokemon stuff, but underneath there's an urban fantasy heroine with a gun and knife...and probably some fire spells for all we know."

but got some shit from imgur, like "Every Day Carry. don't really count as "carry" if you're in your parents basement 24/7" [laugh]

I had my pocket knife taken from me as I entered the houses of Parliament a bunch of years ago. I didn't even think of it until the metal detector went off. I placed it in the little plastic basket and the Bobby manning security checked it out. Uh, oh! It was a lockback. [shocked]

"Ah, you're a Yank aren't you? "
"Why yes. Yes I am."
"Well I'll return it to you when you leave if you promise to leave it in your hotel room until you leave, these are illegal here."

"Sure I will Mr. silly cop." [rolleyes]

The real fun started when we went to leave and the new Bobby on duty couldn't find which drawer my knife was in. My wife wanted me to just leave it behind.

Ummm no. You think I'm going to leave my safety up to these clowns? [thinking]

It's probably one of those urban/hip things like earrings. Switch genders on a rape whistle and it switches the meaning from repel to attract.

Never done it but I don't want to blowing an ear drum freaking hurts some of those whistles can get up in that decibel range. Not my cup of tea but I can see why you'd carry one.

A wise man once told me I don't care how good you are at something there's always someone better. So if you come across them in something competitive cheat to win.

Back
Top Bottom