Am I missing something on these?

roccoracer

NES Member
I was looking thru my local gun shop for milsurps. The list prices here are always high but I have bought a dozen or so rifles for a fair price after haggling. These two examples seemed VERY high to me. What are your thoughts.
a34b8864493607186ce8cdcf6af522b9.jpg
abeb5686208d6669b3b200b1003006dc.jpg
641c50e73f54e579c1a8228a54016cfb.jpg
The third item I forgot to take a picture of but isnt a Chinese "M44" a type 53?

I'm guessing leaving room to haggle.
I have seen mint model 4s for 500ish
A,early model 2 with the flip up sight or a model 6 ! Then the prices go up...

The Chinese M44? I have no idea why it's so much? Maybe no import marks and mint ?

- - - Updated - - -

The Chinese M44? I have no idea why it's so much? Maybe no import marks and mint ?
Those tags remind me of a shop where the owner will tell you that the guns don't eat and can sit there until they are worth the asking price for all I care.

- - - Updated - - -

Those tags remind me of a shop where the owner will tell you that the guns don't eat and can sit there until they are worth the asking price for all I care.
The Chinese rifle was in very good condition but a little while ago you could get a type 53 for $150 in o.k condition.
The owner of this gun shop has lowered his price for me several times. But I have purchased over a dozen funs from him. I bought a real Russian M44 from him for $90 a couple of years ago.

The Chinese rifle was in very good condition but a little while ago you could get a type 53 for $150 in o.k condition.
The owner of this gun shop has lowered his price for me several times. But I have purchased over a dozen funs from him. I bought a real Russian M44 from him for $90 a couple of years ago.

You won't be buying any Mosins at that price anymore. Thanks Obama!

Those prices will never come back. $500 is high, but if it is in really good condition $300 might not be. Most of the T53, and I've had a few, are beat to heck and still probably worth near $200 these days.

The fact that he is calling the Chinese T53 a 'Mosin Nagant Model 44' makes you wonder if he isn't trying to pull a fast one. An M44 has got to be worth 2x what a T53 in the same condition would be.

My last two T53s, only a couple of years ago, were bought for $89 each. One of them is the ugliest gun I ever bought, but it shoots great. I might consider selling it for $549.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...pla-Chinese-Beaters?highlight=chinese+type+53

The fact that he is calling the Chinese T53 a 'Mosin Nagant Model 44' makes you wonder if he isn't trying to pull a fast one. An M44 has got to be worth 2x what a T53 in the same condition would be.

My last two T53s, only a couple of years ago, were bought for $89 each. One of them is the ugliest gun I ever bought, but it shoots great. I might consider selling it for $549.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...pla-Chinese-Beaters?highlight=chinese+type+53
I have never seen anything improperly marked at this store before. I thought maybe he knew something I did not on this model. I will get pictures of the rifle itself and research it and ask him.

I have never seen anything improperly marked at this store before. I thought maybe he knew something I did not on this model. I will get pictures of the rifle itself and research it and ask him.

It could be an honest mistake. An M44 and a T53 really are essentially the same gun, but there is a big difference to a collector.

There's a T53 on the big auction site that folks have already bid up to $419. Shill bidding? Fun rifle and nothing at all against it, but I really don't get why the price would go up. Everyone expecting Trump to start WWIII with China? JK of course but damn...

I have a pristine real certified genuine guaranteed Russian M44 with matching bolt, bayo, etc. [laugh] I will gladly sell it for $548. Someone could save a whole dollar off the 44/53 at that LGS.

There's a T53 on the big auction site that folks have already bid up to $419. Shill bidding? Fun rifle and nothing at all against it, but I really don't get why the price would go up. Everyone expecting Trump to start WWIII with China? JK of course but damn...

I have a pristine real certified genuine guaranteed Russian M44 with matching bolt, bayo, etc. [laugh] I will gladly sell it for $548. Someone could save a whole dollar off the 44/53 at that LGS.
Holy cow. If $400 is the new normal price it might be time to make some room in my safe. Lol

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Holy cow. If $400 is the new normal price it might be time to make some room in my safe. Lol

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

No shit! My 99$ 91/30s are starting to loose their standings here as I see people spending 250$ plus on them!

I forget what I paid for the M44 but it wasn't much. I'm actually tempted to sell to make room for K31 or Swedish Mauser. For sure keeping the M39 so that when the snow gets deep I can shoot like a Finn. Need some targets with red stars on them, LOL.

I forget what I paid for the M44 but it wasn't much. I'm actually tempted to sell to make room for K31 or Swedish Mauser. For sure keeping the M39 so that when the snow gets deep I can shoot like a Finn. Need some targets with red stars on them, LOL.

Damit get out of my head.....thinking the same thing.
Between the 91/30 and M44 I could buy 2 more K31
or maybe 1 k31 and a Swede!

Back
Top Bottom