Am I eligible for a non-resident CT pistol permit?

I'm wanting to apply for a CT non-resident carry license and have a couple of questions. First is I've been arrested once in my life for a felony,I didn't do it and it was a mistaken i was innocent,the DA didn't even file charges against me. My record was expunged and I've since purchased numerous guns with no problems as well as receiving my license to carry in Florida and Pennsylvania with no issues or delays.

Florida took my finger prints for their license to carry application and it came back from the background check cleared. I've also been finger printed for my job and have had a NCIC done on myself through the sheriffs office here and it comes back stating "no record found" as well.

Now my questions are one, being Connecticut is a shall issue state will I get my carry license if I apply for it given the info I stated here?

And second it asks on the CT application if you've ever been arrested for any crime,should I check yes or no to this question? I ask this as my attorney told me that I'm legally allowed to state on legal documents that I've never been arrested. My expungment was done in Florida and here they physically destroy all records related to your criminal case and this includes court records as well.

This seems to be the case as I went down to clerk of courts and upon searching under my name under their criminal records,nothing comes up. So to those who know CT law what do I do here? It says on the application that false statements are a crime but in my case is it still a false statement if I'm legally entitled to state I've never been arrested? Thanks for any help guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom