• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alternatives to TapaTalk

Night_solstice

NES Member
Well, someone had recommended a while back not to update my Tapatalk Android App once they did away with the Pro version (was on 4.5.2). I got a new phone and thought the sync would carry over the app, but it didn't and the 'new' free version is a hot mess.

I posted in their support and despite having paid for it, was told there is no options to get the old version back and I have yet to find anywhere online that it may be hosted that doesn't seem like it's virus pool.

Anyone have any comments on alternatives for Android? I really liked Tapatalk, but the new interface is awful.

I'm searching my system to see if there's any chance I have the old apk file saved, but so far, no luck. I maybe able to pull it from the backup, but I'll need to root my phone first.

Well to answer my own post, I found an old Titanium Backup, and was able to extract the APK without having to root, so I'm back in business (and man, are a lot of people not happy with the new version of Tapatalk and it's changes on their support forums :)

Out of desperation, I've been using Forum Runner since the Tapatalk upgrade. It works but it is nowhere near as good as the old Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Tapatalk has been recently tweaked, and is now tolerable. The subscribed forums function is till wonky though, when you attempt to "go back"

Tapatalk has been recently tweaked, and is now tolerable. The subscribed forums function is till wonky though, when you attempt to "go back"

^^^this

I've just suffered through the tapatalk mess all this time, and the latest iteration is pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom