• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alleged Facebook Marketplace scam thwarted when Ohio men return fire on armed suspects

Nothing good comes out of Cleveland. Including my sister who was born there. LOL.

Funny aside - when my oldest was 4-5 we were talking about different "names" for people b/c of their region or nationality or something. I think we were talking Jayhawkers or CornHuskers or something.

"Your auntie Susan is a Buckeye. Do you know what that means?" Without missing a beat, daughter says, "She's a moron?" [rofl]

They are very close, always were and act exactly alike. But it was just a funny "what answer is Dad looking for" answer.

It really sucks that as an LTC in MA you would be hung out to dry over an incident like this.

There would certainly be "Duty to Retreat" in a parking lot.
Retreat would not have been possible. Being suspicious of someone's behavior does not trigger a "duty to retreat", and the victim did not pull his firearm until after 3 armed men pulled up and attempted to rob him. Congratulations to this guy for recognizing a dangerous situation developing and being prepared.

The meetup became suspicious when the driver of the Civic parked on the opposite side of the lot to the victim and his friend, the victim told police. A silver Jeep then also arrived on the scene, parking on the street next to the parking lot.

The victim told his friend to grab a firearm he had stashed in the glove compartment...

That's when you tell your friend "No, let's f***in go"

Retreat would not have been possible. Being suspicious of someone's behavior does not trigger a "duty to retreat", and the victim did not pull his firearm until after 3 armed men pulled up and attempted to rob him. Congratulations to this guy for recognizing a dangerous situation developing and being prepared.
Right......... But start shooting in a parking lot in MA because someone pulled a gun on you over a car purchase is not smart.

Good way to get shot or end up in a legal bind. Not saying I like it or it should be that way. But I am not getting in any shootouts over something like that, not in MA anyway.

Interesting tidbit in this book about how people say their dogs can spot a bad guy - their dog is just reading their owner’s tone and body language. We sense trouble but don’t react. Most of us are socialized to not outwardly react in distrust of others, which psychopaths rely on to get close to us.

When that guy approaches you on the street asking for a light and you hold up your hand and loudly say “I have nothing for you”, their angry response betrays their intent. We’re just opportunities to them. They often work in pairs with the 2nd approaching once you’re engaged.

IMG_2140.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom