After Action Review by a client of On Target Training, LLC

Wishse

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
This is an after action report of an On Target Training class, instructed by Seth Wish. The class, Winter Handgun class was held on March 13th, 2016 at the Bradford Gun Club in Rhode Island.

This was the first time meeting Seth in person and taking one of his classes. I’ve been a fan of his YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/wishse) and heard about his classes on the radio. When I arrived to the range, Seth was very professional and personable. I felt at ease.. We started the class with a safety brief then off to the range.

We started the day with accuracy drills and other types of exercises that challenges your accuracy and thinking process. Next we moved to BSA drills. (Balance between Speed and Accuracy) . This really pushes you up to the next level.

Then we moved on to the BSA drills but now with movement from left to right, front to back etc. These type of drills are the initial drills (shooting kneeling and standing) that’s needed. The constant movement and pick up the stress level encouraged better tactical shooting.

With the focus on shooting, we now had do move quickly to different positions (designated by cones) , engage targets and move again. This incorporated all the previous fundamentals in the beginning of the class, but the key word with working in tandem drills with a partner / team tactics is SAFETY. Watching your muzzle and knowing whose around you, making hits on target and moving again. Move, Shoot, Move, Shoot, Move! This was the best part. I’ve done this in the past, and it really elevates your stress level, mental acuity and pushes you physical abilities.

Being a small class that day, we covered a tremendous amount in one day. Having one on one personal coaching from Seth brought out the best in me and other shooters. The class and feedback received was very helpful,plus I had tons of fun. Seth is an incredible instructor that works with whatever level of expertise and experience you have, then pushes you to the next level... Making you a better shooter .

I had a great time and will be doing more classes with Seth and On Target Training in the future. I encourage you to take a class with On Target Training a--- you will become a better and prepared shooter.

All the best, RT

http://www.on-target-training.net
cleardot.gif

Back
Top Bottom