AAR:Tactical Development Group: Basic Trauma Managment for Shooters Aug 13

So in my goals for training this year, I took a long hard look at my skills (HG, carbine, hand to hand, & knife), and realized I that out of all my skillset, learning some first aid would probaly be the most helpful, and the one skill that I would actually need to use. I attended the Tactical Development Group: Basic Trauma Managment for Shooters this past Saturday at American Firearms School. We spent the morning learning about a multitude of first aid tactical topics. The one thing I really took away from the class was estimating how much visible blood was in volume. Different pieces of clothing (sock, long sleeve shirt) gave us context in the amount of blood that was present. As a non-medical professional, even a little blood looks like a lot to me. That piece of information really helped me put it all in context.

The afternoon was spent repairing classmates with various bullet holes, and amputations. We learned about first aid kits, the best place to locate them, and various pieces of gear. The really cool thing was that Bill recommended gear based on what really works on the field, and not just becuase it looks cool or becuase he liked the item. His connections in the SOCOM/SF community really gave it all validity. Overall, the class was great, got to meet some fellow gun enthusiasts, and will definetly be taking some additonal classes from the Tactical Development Group. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom