AAHHHHHhhhh Summer to winter transition

True sign of the season
Cleaned and lubed my summer daily carry G26 (9mm) and placed her in the safe. Then I pulled out my winter daily carry G29 (10mm) and gave it a once over and holstered her to complete my summer to winter transition.
There is never an exact date for the changeover for the season but this year, today, was that day.
Anyone else make any seasonal transitions??

Hmmmm... do bad guys need bigger rounds in the winter??? Seriously... I use my G26 year round. On occation I switch around but it's not seasonal.

Almost time to get the ski rack out from under the porch and put it on top of the truck.[smile]

Now you're thinking!

I bump up to 10mm just so I'm always prepared to take a deer (season opens in a week). Plus, bad guys would probably be better clothed in the winter. And finally, I prefer the 10mm but can't conceal it that well in the summer.

I bump up to 10mm just so I'm always prepared to take a deer (season opens in a week). Plus, bad guys would probably be better clothed in the winter. And finally, I prefer the 10mm but can't conceal it that well in the summer.

I thought they were the same size but I just checked... I didn't realize how different they were. The 26 and 27 are the same. Something learned...

heavy jackets and winter coats merit the 10mm.

I switched from my 3 inch kershaw knife to mace. Oh, wait, I carry them both since my Sigma is at the factory and my license is neutered anyway.

The only transition is the holster. Layers now allow the option of my IWB holster. Durring summer it's my Smartcarry holster.

1991A1 Colt Compact year round for me.

Winterized the camper today:
-cleaned out
-removed all food
-removed stock of 9mm and replaced with .45 [wink]
-flushed water lines and filled with antifreeze

Back
Top Bottom