A thought experiment on a self-defense scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been drinking?[thinking]

There are many problems with this scenario. The first and most disturbing being that you would not only be carrying an unloaded gun but that you would pull it on someone and then voluntarily surrender it.

The fact you know that the firearm the bad guy has is unloaded will ultimately cause you problems when you are attempting to justify the use of deadly force.

My thoughts exactly. God help you if a hostile DA gets ahold of this.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Out of all the bassackwards scenarios posted on NES this one wins the prize for absolute most absurd.

I nominate this as the example for the soon to be created sticky asking folks not to post radical scenarios that sound like they were pulled directly from the Brady and crew playbook of fearmongering. Seriously, how did this script even get put togethor?

I can't see this scenario ever happening. Why would I have an unloaded gun? Why would I throw (give) it to the person trying to harm me? Most of all if I was in a position to justifiably use deadly force why would I not draw my loaded weapon and stop the threat before said perpetrator pummeled me into oblivion? The only merit I can give this whole cockamamy plan is that it makes me feel so much better about myself having taken a life because I gave my enemy a chance by giving him a chunk of metal to bash me head in with.

To answer the ridiculous question - The way i see it going down is this. I toss unloaded gun across the floor scratching the finish on my P220 to hell. SB picks it up and closes the 28' gap while I warn him that he better watch out because I've got another gun and this one means busine...

Oh crap! My head is being blasted off my face by the brute strength of a 6'5" 400lb giant swinging my Sig like a sledghammer!

HooVooLoo thanks for the negative rep, you just highlit why your thread is getting shat upon. Grow up.

Seriously bush league..

If there were Troll points, I'd be very tempted to award one to hoovooloo..

It just seems like you put this one out there, fished around for the "RIGHT" response, did not get your way and gave clintonus a neg point. Maybe that is just my take on it..
You put the scenario out there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom