A Krinkov in Mass?

I have some questions regarding the legality of a Krinkov kit in Massachusetts.

1) I am considering buying a de-milled Krinkov kit. If my intent is simply to store it away for a future build (store at my residence in Mass for a future build in another state), do I face a problem with with posession of the kit in Massachusetts (e.g., possible perception as "intent" to build a non-compliant firearm)?

2) Can someone walk me through the process of registering a SBR in Mass? My local Chief of Police (Southborough) seems pretty friendly - anyone know whether I could expect a sign-off?

3) If I were able to obtain a license and a tax stamp for the Krinkov, would I still have to pin the folding stock?

Thanks.

I have some questions regarding the legality of a Krinkov kit in Massachusetts.

1) I am considering buying a de-milled Krinkov kit. If my intent is simply to store it away for a future build (store at my residence in Mass for a future build in another state), do I face a problem with with posession of the kit in Massachusetts (e.g., possible perception as "intent" to build a non-compliant firearm

2) Can someone walk me through the process of registering a SBR in Mass? My local Chief of Police (Southborough) seems pretty friendly - anyone know whether I could expect a sign-off?

3) If I were able to obtain a license and a tax stamp for the Krinkov, would I still have to pin the folding stock?

Thanks.

1. No, a kit is a kit and not a firearm....its just parts, anyone can buy them with no license. If you have a receiver, make sure you ditch any full auto parts that might come with the Krink kit. possession of the parts could be construed as constructive possession......Such a joke!

2. Don't know. See the link to my other post with the info on what to do.

3. There is no special license other than your regular LTC or FID to possess an SBR. Registered SBR guns are exempt from 922 compliance regs. They can have the "evil features"...but not in MA. They must comply with current MA AWB.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "kit" is more than likely preban but the receiver, will surely be post so you will have to comply with the Mass AWB.

NFA guns are exempt.........Correction......You are correct, they must comply with MA AWB laws.

Correction.....I meant they are exempt from US 922 regs.....still must comply with the foolish state laws on AWs.

You'll also have to ditch the FS and if you replace it with a muzzle brake, it'll have to be permanently attached.

I had been considering a Krink build myself, but with the MA AWB in effect, I decided it wasn't really worth the bother. [frown]

You'll also have to ditch the FS and if you replace it with a muzzle brake, it'll have to be permanently attached.

I had been considering a Krink build myself, but with the MA AWB in effect, I decided it wasn't really worth the bother. [frown]

True...I have the kits already and am waiting until I move out of state where people are allowed to live free of the BS here.

Back
Top Bottom