• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A-7 USPSA Championship Question

I just came home to find an unexpected package in my mail box. I opened it up and it was a plaque for winning 2nd place in C class - Limited Division at the A7 match. It was a suprise that made me smile. [smile]

Is this something that USPSA sent out or is it something that the Harvard crew put together for the shooters?

What made me smile even more is that I finally got my new Limited pistol today too! Been waiting 9months for the gunsmith to finish it. Cant wait to try it out!

I think it is up to the club or Area, because all my plaques are different. [smile]

A7/Aware made some really cool machined aluminum ones last year. The Nationals one is actually the crappiest.

I too got mine today. I got a call from my wife asking what I ordered this time. I told her I didn't know and when I opened it I just laughed at her. It's cool to get something every now and again that's for sure.

Matt you must be on cloud 9 right now. How are you liking the gun? Was it worth the wait? I'm guessing you'll be shooting a USPSA match this weekend? We need info. I'm still waiting for mine.

Oh... I've been diddling the thing all night. (did I really just say that?)[smile]

I am not going to shoot USPSA this weekend. I am going to take it to the range and put a bunch of rounds through it, test mags, adjust holster, take it apart ect..ect...

It is super nice! A big difference from my Para, not that I dislike it now that I have a new limited pistol. This thing is just in another league. But you guys that have been shooting them for a while already know that. Quality is 100 fold higher.

I already got the "stop clicking that thing you are driving me crazy!" from the wife.[smile]

I am going to shoot the bowling pin with the rifle match this Sunday at MRA. JB talked me into taking out the M1 Carbine for its 1-day annual shoot. Probably shoot one of the AR's too.

I just came home to find an unexpected package in my mail box. I opened it up and it was a plaque for winning 2nd place in C class - Limited Division at the A7 match. It was a suprise that made me smile. [smile]

Is this something that USPSA sent out or is it something that the Harvard crew put together for the shooters?

What made me smile even more is that I finally got my new Limited pistol today too! Been waiting 9months for the gunsmith to finish it. Cant wait to try it out!

Congratulations on the new pistol. At least your now accustomed to a 9-month wait when it's time for your next big landmark.

I ordered the plaques through Manny Bragg's business. I sent him the information and the artwork, then he did the rest. A truly multi-talented guy. Anyway, I've never seen one. Can someone bring one to New Bedford so that I can see how it looks?

Dan,

That was a nice thing to do for the shooters. Thanks for doing that for all of us.

I remember reading that the match was a non-trophy match somewhere so I was quite suprised to get it in the mail box. Kat looked at me and said "what did you order now?" I said nothing, I swear! [laugh]

So how does the gun shoot Matt??? I'm pretty certain that you shot it by now? Was it worth the wait? I got my call today for my open gun so I've only got 2-3 weeks left. YEEHAA...

I can't believe you're not shooting a USPSA match this weekend. Shame on you!!!! HAHA

Pete,

Gun shoots nicely and feels even better. I was blasting though some old Rainier plated bullets I had left over from before I switched to JHP. The produced lousy groups as was expected but the pistol functioned without single hickup. About 300 rounds.

I need to get the pistol dialed in now with my real match load and do a bit more practicing with it. I am going to shoot the steel match with it next week. I think I also want a heavier recoil spring. He has a 13# in there. I like the 14# spirngs. Most say my pistols are over sprung but I like way the gun recoils better with it.

Keep in mind that with the lighter slide you prob. don't need a heavier spring. I would leave things be if I were you. I had mine built with a recoilmaster which some people hate but I've had good luck with mine. It's also what I have in my open gun. Glad you're enjoying the gun. Are you shooting the steel at MRA next weekend is that what you're referring to? You should go out to Westfield next weekend for the USPSA match.

Pete

I may just try it the spring for the hell of it. If if functions fine and I like the way the recoil pulse feels better I'll keep it. If not I'll switch it back.

Yes steel at MRA... I would like some more trigger time (and holster time) with the pistol before shooting a USPSA match with it. Don't want to look like a chump or anything - it being a $2600 pistol and all. [shocked] [wink][laugh][laugh]. I gotta make sure I can shoot the damn thing at least half way decently.

On a more serious note, my dad and step mom are really sick right now and there may not be much time left with either of them. So I am kind of staying local and helping them out around their house in Charlestown as much as I can. The weekends is when I have time to help them out and it kind of takes a lot out of me (physically and mentally). Its nice to sleep in on Sunday, roll out of bed at 10:30 or 11:00 and shoot a quick match. Plus, I always say... steel is great practice!

Don't forget Matt, no 165+ PF loads for the steel match, you'll probably have
re-spring it for steel anyway.
I have a spring tester (measurer ??) if you want to check things out to make
sure what you have.

Sorry to hear about the folks, good luck to them getting better.

Matt,

I'm sorry to hear about your folks. I hope everything works out for you and them. We'll all say a prayer for your family.

I'm glad you're happy with your new blaster... you'll have to send some photos my way when you get a chance. Good luck at MRA on Sunday. Keep me posted on how you do. You're definately shooting at Harvard right???

Yep shooting Harvard next Sunday. The blaster worked flawlessly today at the steel match. I shot a hundred or so after the match too. Gobbled the stuff right up without a single hiccup.

Thanks for the wishes on my folks. This past week was rough.

Back
Top Bottom