9x19 135gr

I recently purchases 300 9mm 135gr expandable FMJ Speer bullets from Midway. The issue is neither Speer or Midway has load data. How is this possible? Speer claims they were made for an OEM manufacturer and has no data. But, Speer sold them to Midway. I am truly disappointed w/ Speer and told them I would have to reconsider any future purchases of their products. Where to begin? Try 147gr loads and work up. There goes 50 rounds. I am not a happy camper. Any other ideas? jp

Look at the IMR web site. They have a lot of loads for 130gr bullets and loads for 125gr bullets. The difference will show you the expected difference in powder charge between the 125 and 130. Use this difference to find a starting load and max load for the 135. If a 125's max is 5.2 and a 130 max is 5.0 then a max load would be 4.8 for the 135. It will give you something to work to find the best load.

Thanks Bob, I just got off the phone w/ Ben at Alliant. He worked some numbers and 4.2gr of Unique should be a good starting point.
Sierra also made a 130gr .355 bullet, so I checked w/ them also. They concurred and also said that 4.2gr of W231 will be good also (my target 124gr RNL powder). Funny the actual bullet manufacturer could not be bothered, but others were happy to help! These bullets loaded, are sold under Federal Premium Hydra shock label. They were $8.29 per 100. I also picked up some 165gr SPBT for $15.99 that are Speer bullets also. Is Federal moving away from Speer? jp

Back
Top Bottom