9mm Carbine Load?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I'm going to load 1000 rounds of 9mm for my uncle to fire in his Uzi. I have not been able to find a carbine or rifle-specific load for the 9mm.

I'm using 124gr FMJ bullets. I was thinking of going with a big-ish charge of a slower powder, like 8gr of Blue Dot. Has anybody developed a good 9mm carbine load? Are there any problems with firing a warm round out of an IMI Uzi?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I don't know anything about Uzis, but I use Hodgon HS6 to push 125jhps out of my USPSA gun to 175pf/1400fps-ish. That gun is built for those loads though. I wouldn't attempt that without knowing much more about Uzis.

In doing research for my gun there was mention of Hirtenberger and Ranger +P+ as the factory ammo that was really hot for sub guns, and when I just looked that up, I came across www.uzitalk.com.

Jim I use 5 grains of Bullseye with a 115 FMJ it's a recomended load from Alliant. The Uzi is built for hot loads. The round the Israels made for the Uzi would destroy a regular handgun and were not recomended for a anything but the Uzi.

Just be sensitive to the risks involved in having two types of loads for the same caliber, one of which is not safe for some of the firearms you own in that caliber.

Liability would be to great if a mfr. posted hot loads for a rifle in pistol calibers. Someone would surely try them in a pistol, then sue!
Pressure is what cycles the action, and it looks like 5 grains of Bulleye generates over 32K. 5G of Unique behind a 121G cast bullet cycles my Highpoint carbine and an original P38 just fine.

Back
Top Bottom