9-1943 Inland Mfg. 30 cal. carbine

I took this gun in on trade sat., this gun has new potbelly stock and is like new. I can not find any import info on this rifle, under the barrel there are some stamp letters that are hard to read but do not seem to go to an importer. Trying to figure out what we have so we can price it. the safety has been changed and the rear sight it looks like. Any ideas.

Thanks Jay

approx 650-800 depending on finish, and barrel condition.

this is an all original, as left inland plant in late 1942 worth 1600-1800

188761_1830775739753_1551170463_1933483_8361185_n.jpg

Last edited:
If the numbers are very small and directly under the barrel (about two inches from the end of the barrel) it is definitely an import mark. Interarms , I think.

$10 to $1000 is as close as I would guess, without a picture it's very close to sorting strawberries over the phone. I mean not a blurred cell phone picture on a 70's orange and lime green shag rug without your toes in it would help. I'm no expert but in today's market you might have a gem or not but the word semi in front of the title adds a few zeros to the number.

Good luck.
..MJ..

Saginaw001_zpse78466f7.jpg

Last edited:
My bluesky import mark under the barrel is also very small. It appears to be stamped then reparked maybe. With recent iñterest in carbines for cmp games and I still believe they wont allow reproductions? Prices o imports have gone up. The llast batch cmp offered I believe the service grade inlands where 525.00.
Post pics....

I will get pictures put up on tuesday we are closed till then. I dont think I explained myself good enough. This rifle has been parkerized and new stock it is like new. No import marks, there are a couple of letters stamped in the barrel just in front of the stock. So who else would have done this over?

Could have been redone by anyone really....have you detailed stripped cleaned lubed and test fired? Like new refinished wont in my eyes make it any more valuable. I like m1. Carbines but the prices tend to be to high for me.
6.5 million where made....

It sounds like one of the last batches from the CMP. Are the stamps by the barrel FAT? Also make sure it's an Inland. It sounds to me like you were reading the info off the barrel. The MFG will be behind or under the rear sight. As long as it's in decent shape, especially the barrel it's a $600-$800 gun. To me it would be closer to $600-$650. Pictures are needed to give better answers.

I think the higher prices are a bit BS, but if someone is willing to pay it I can't blame people who sell them higher.

Back
Top Bottom