• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It all depends on what one's goal is. I have some nice glass, happy I spent the money on it. But, some people might not have the extra cash. The stuff coming out of china fits their need, and to a certain degree, is actually good quality. If all you're going to do is stand on a fixed line at a square range, the chinese products will serve people well.

I'm not getting into the "don't buy chinese" argument. I have done that before with optics, and it's just a waste of time, especially with the leupold junkies. Hardly any scopes are made here anymore. They are assembled here. There is a ton of false marketing and propaganda with the intention of misleading buyers.

Back to the op, I like my Trijicons. Fairly light, and I have yet to break one. I sent an older accupoint back because I thought it was getting dim. They went through it, sent it back to me within a couple of weeks, no charge.

Edit:

I read @PappyM3's post and Nightforce is also very good glass from what I've read - I don't have hands on experience with Nightforce. My opinion, which is just mine, is to buy the best glass possible. If I had to pick, I'd probably pursue the Nightforce 1-8 over the Vortex 1-6. I have a Kahles 1-6 and a 1-5 and both are essentially maxed out at 300 yards. I'm curious about a 1-8 or a 1-10 for future builds.

Yeah, between a Razor or Nightforce, it’s really just up to what features/reticles you prefer. Both are good choices

gun owners be like YEAH AMERICA f*** COMMUNISTS, and then quietly buy communist made glass cuz its cheaper :D
Yeah but after a point this is like those people chasing cruelty free makeup. [rofl] There's also the problem where at the bottom sewer end of the market or even right into the middle of it you're not going to find anything that's American or Jap. So in some cases the alternative is basically going without... although one could argue at least with a Leupold scope, even if part of the thing is made in China, the front end of the money is going to an American company at least...

It does suck by the way that Nikon is out of the scope business they had a lot of great stuff especially in the mid-range and at least it was a Jap company...

I would either go with a vortex viper or for a couple of hundred more you can go with the Trijicon credo 1-6 SFP or for another hundred the 1-6 credo FFP. Not discounting some of the other less expensive alternatives I just haven’t handled one to have an opinion.

SWFA produces some great quality glass at reasonable prices much the way Nikon used to

Like super sniper, etc? I bet those are mostly chinese, probably subbed out to their spec.

I was having a hard time justifying the $1400 (plus mount) for a Razor as well. I ended up coming across a good deal over at Eurooptic for a Bushnell Elite Tactical II Pro. Original MSRP was close to the Razor's, and they are blowing them out for $650.00 Glass is very clear and its a true 1x. Eyebox is decent, and the only drawbacks I've found with mine (that I did know about prior to purchasing) is that the illumination is not very bright on a sunny day and it can also cast an orange shade over the reticle especially if you turn it up real high. Overall I'm really happy with the scope, and it's a few ounces lighter than the Razor 1-6 Gen II-E as well. Link below if interested..

I bought a Chinese made Nightforce ATACR 1-8 from Alibaba. With the money I saved on the scope, I splurged on the mount.

pshIhE6.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with the Bushnell tactical elite scopes? I found one that fits a lot of my criteria and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
I have yet to break any of my Bushnell elite scopes. They track great. I think all the Elites are Japan. Their cheaper "ar" optics are made in South Korea I believe.

Back
Top Bottom