• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8 round handgun mags by mail?

I was wondering if it's possible to purchase non-hicap mags through Midway or Brownell's and have them shipped to MA. Or is this like ammo where it is technically legal but the MA atty gen. has them scared to do it?

thx

I bought eight round mags for my 3914 from Midway a few months ago. No problem at all. AFAIK, they won't sell ammo or components to MA residents, but legal mags don't seem to be a problem.

Gary

I bought eight round mags for my 3914 from Midway a few months ago. No problem at all. AFAIK, they won't sell ammo or components to MA residents, but legal mags don't seem to be a problem.

Gary

Excellent. I'm looking for a couple for my 3913.

I'm fairly certain that Midway will ship <=10 rd mags to MA. They won't do >10. Give it a shot, worst case you'll get a popup when you try to check out:

Federal, state, or local law prohibits us from sending the following item(s) to the shipping address you entered:

Californa, Massachusetts or New York state law prohibits us from sending any magazine of over 10 round capacity to your shipping address.
Please remove the item(s) from your Shopping Cart and begin the checkout process again, or close this window and try entering a different shipping address. NOTE: We cannot ship to a P.O. Box by UPS or send hazardous materials (e.g., aerosols, flammable liquids, loaded ammunition, primed brass, and etc.) by USPS.

Midway will ship mags; I've bought from them before. Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide, however, will not. In fact, the MA AG has SG in such PSH that they won't even ship a SCREWDRIVER if it says "Remington" on it to MA.

I've told SG in no uncertain terms to remove me from their mailing list, as I don't have the time or the inclination to pore through their birdcage liner trying to find something that they're willing to actually SHIP to MA...

Wow... you have ProMags that actually WORK? [shocked] Stop the presses!!!

I was really surprised. I ran them through several boxes of ammo with no problem. I still might buy factory mags since I'm going to start carrying the 3914 as a personal protection weapon. Still not sure I want to trust aftermarket mags for that.

Back when Cheaper Than Dirt shipped mags to MA I bought some Pro Mags for my 5906. Just to have some practice mags. I never got ONE of them to load a single round. I sent them back and haven't bought from CTD since. I figured if they sold that junk, I couldn't trust anything else they sold.

I figured Midway was more reputable. Either that, or Pro Mag has got a lot better. ;)

Gary

I don't bother with aftermarket, normally; I've been burned too many times. I'll only buy factory mags or higher end clones (Chip McCormick has been flawless in my 1911, for example).

Actually, now that I think of it, the Chip McCormicks and two Eagle 30 rounders for my 10/22 are the ONLY aftermarket mags I have. Everything else is factory.

Last edited:
I don't bother with aftermarket, normally; I've been burned too many times. I'll only buy factory mags or higher end clones

+1

I will gladly pay $35 for genuine Smith & Wesson magazines for my 915.

I do make an exception for Magpul AR15 PMAG magazines. They only cost about $2 more than GI pattern mags, but are SO much better.

Agreed. I bought a bunch of 10 round M1 Carbine mags and they gave me problems up the wazoo. Took three different brands to find one that works reliably.

Back
Top Bottom