• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62 AK *Pistol* legality?

I know the laws regarding the AK and parts interchangeability, my question is would one of these AK style pistols in 7.62x30 be legal in Connecticut? It is clear just by looking at it that the piston assembly and gas tube are NOT interchangeable with a "normal" AK.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct866.aspx

More out of curiosity than any real desire to buy one of these things lol.

You can't have an AK chambered in 7.62x39 in CT, nor can you have a "pistol" that weighs more than 50oz from what I recall.

I agree, its no good in CT. As stated, it is an AK type and it would not pass the AWB due to evil features. The relevant section of 53-202a is below:

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

Just the fact that it weighs more than 50 ounces would make it illegal.

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
i. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
ii. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
iii. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
iv. a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
v. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

******IMPORTANT********

Just realized you said "pistol".

Just about any AK based pistol will be illegal, regardless of the caliber or presence of evil features.

The CT AWB has its own set of evil features when it comes to pistols, including a max weight of 50 ounces. I doubt you could make an AK pistol weigh less than 50 oz. (3lb 2oz)

So the only way to make a legal AK pistol in CT would be for it to be based on a pre-ban receiver and not be chambered in 7.62x39
Don

i. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

ii. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

iii. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

iv. a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

v. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom