6 dead, at least a dozen wounded in less than 24 hours in Chicago (Again)

gene

NES Member
Six people were killed and at least a dozen wounded in shootings that started Friday afternoon in Chicago and continued Saturday, police say.

usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/26/13480793-6-dead-at-least-a-dozen-wounded-in-less-than-24-hours-in-chicago?lite

I was in Chicago from tuesd to thur this past week...beautiful city down town but the south side(from what I hear thats where the war zone is) needs to be nuked...WTF

I was in Chicago from tuesd to thur this past week...beautiful city down town but the south side(from what I hear thats where the war zone is) needs to be nuked...WTF

I was there about a year ago. Made the mistake of flying into Midway. The area around Midway is awful. I'd feel safer carrying a fist full of 100's in Dorchester.

Not worried, Rahm will fix it with his aggressive "roll up the sleeves" attitude.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08...unded-1-man-shot-dead-blocks-from-obama-home/

Richmond is a Vietnam veteran, and he finds the violence and heavy-duty weapons being used in his neighborhood highly disturbing.

“It kind of brings back memories of death in Vietnam, but here, the level of violence is getting to an extent that it seems like a war zone, you know?” he said. “People having automatic weapons and clips that hold 16 rounds — I think in America, it’s ridiculous.”

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

This seems a business opportunity. Maybe structured hunts in the inner city is the way we should go. I bet we could get top dollar for these "safari's" and we would be doing a public service for the community.

Yawn, anything new to report?

Seriously, though, I feel bad for all the law abiding residents who can't even attempt to protect themselves.

Was thinking the same thing freewillie but more along the lines of opening a funeral home. They must be raking it in

I am flying to Chicago tonight and will be there until Thursday night, we are training a bunch of sales people at one the airport hotels and I plan to stay put the entire time

I am flying to Chicago tonight and will be there until Thursday night, we are training a bunch of sales people at one the airport hotels and I plan to stay put the entire time

I'll be out there in a few weeks for a trade show. Not looking forward to it.

I'll be out there in a few weeks for a trade show. Not looking forward to it.

Same here...I am there most of this week and have to go back to a trade show the following Wednesday through Saturday and can't stay holed up in a hotel for that trip...ughhh

Ironic, the state with the toughest gun laws has the worst crime rates. I believe St Louis is the most violent city in the country but Chicago has to be on the top.

- - - Updated - - -

... no. the entire state is redder than RED.

I wouldn't drive into IL with a Sherman tank.

Back
Top Bottom