53 Izveshk SKS refurb

40 caliber

NES Member
the 53 Izzy is thought to be one of the more rare Russian SKS rifles. I had 2 53 Izzys. when I was buying my motorcycle, I let one 53 izzy go for a decent profit. I was always sorry I gave up one of them due to the rarity. The older one had the black bolt and BBQ painted cover which I am not that fond of (done as part of the refurbishment process sometimes).

When I came across this one, I knew I had a chance to replace my old one. This, like the other one is a refurb, has the same laminated stock but did not have the BBQ paint and has a nice blue cover and white bolt!! I just got her in the safe last week.

Best of all, I upgraded the rifle for exactly what I sold the old one for 2 years ago [wink].

The bottom of these two I sold. the other one I kept [smile]

Last edited:
my russian SKS is one of the few originals from my early days, been so long since I actually looked at it I forget what is is....its a referb that looks much like yours. no paint and nice laminated stock.

We'll, maybe I'll have get one at some point. At least it won't cost as much as a G43!

T
get one of the Cheap sino-banians while you can (they are not as cheap anymore) as a test drive

Good work. Those are few and far in between. This particular year from the Izhevsk Arsenal still eludes me!

Thank you Martin08! I know however, when you land your prize it will have the rest of us in awe as usual!!

Back
Top Bottom